Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity for a Legal Secretary to provide standard secretarial support of a legal nature for one or more staff Attorneys and maintain a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the Attorney(s).
- Prepare, thorough transcription of written or recorded documents, standard legal documents i.e., contracts, briefs, motions, summonses etc.
- Handle routine inquiries in Attorney's absence i.e., negotiates extensions of time.
- Manage attorney's calendar through Legal Files i.e., schedules appointments, coordinates depositions and appearances.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts with Attorney's approval.
- Use computer applications to the fullest degree.
- Answer select telephone inquiries based on knowledge of case.
- Respond to written or telephone inquiries with a standard letter.
- Establish, maintains, and when necessary, revises attorney's files.
- Perform additional duties as requested such as: Arranges medical exams; Maintain lists of witnesses, Subpoenas, fees, etc.;
- Request fees for payment from Claims department and or CLBU; Participate in arranging attorney's files for easy access during trials; Inform witnesses of scheduled court appearances; Miscellaneous duties.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience, plus a minimum of 1 year of secretarial experience.
- Legal office/Law firm experience is desired.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to communicate effectively with policyholders, courts, Attorneys and Judges.
- Ability to edit and proof legal documents.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment and word processing.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Back to top