Legal Office Manager
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Office Manager. In this position you will c oordinate the operation of the Legal Office including the management of non-exempt personnel and the resolution of personnel and office/operational issues.
Coordinates the operation and manages the non-exempt personnel the Wallingford, CT office. Resolves personnel and office/operational issues. Performs a broad range of administrative tasks of confidential nature requiring initiative and judgment necessary for the operation of the legal office.
- Recruits, interviews, tests and hires all non-exempt employees. May provide assistance in the recruiting of attorneys, paralegals, and law clerks.
- Conducts performance appraisals; identifies performance problems and counsels employees to achieve maximum i mprovement; prepares salary increase recommendations in accordance with corporate guidelines and department budgets. Trains and develops subordinates.
- Audits the quality of work products. Monitors and delegates work by reassigning workloads when necessary to accommodate business needs. Maintains flexibility by shifting priorities, whenever necessary. Ensures that all positions are adequately understudied.
- Monitors the input of suit data in all Legal databases, reconciling local suit data against central Lawpack systems. Maintains statistical data to be used by the Resident Attorney for staffing considerations and monthly and annual reports. Reviews productivity reports and makes recommendations for improvement to RA.
- Monitors data quality and maintains high quality legal data within office. Regularly uses existing systems to check the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of time records, suit and NDLA openings, closings and referrals for quarterly audits. Implements data quality programs within office for monthly data quality checks.
- Consults with Resident Attorney identifying staffing and furniture/equipment needs for the annual budget request. Reviews monthly expense reports and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for Safety and Environmental Health issues in co-located offices. In stand alone offices responsibilities would include representing the Legal Department on the Safety and Environmental Health Committee including insuring all work areas is ergonomically correct according to Liberty Mutual standards. Reports Workers Compensation accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the delivery of all employee communication and benefit programs to the Department. May facilitate programs if warranted.
- Liaison with local building management. Coordinates all office moves with Regional Legal, CRE and local vendors. Assists in space planning.
- Oversees telecommunication systems & training including CAS, reviewing payment of monthly bills, training and advertising in local telephone books.
- Coordinates the acquisition, installation, maintenance and repair of office equipment, telecommunications, computers, facsimile machines, etc.
*Liberty Mutual will consider for employment qualified a pplicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, and local laws.*
- Administrative, supervisory, interpersonal, leadership skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, communicate operational procedures and lead non-exempt staff through daily work, training and projects.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, court practices and procedures.
- Requires broad knowledge of personal computers and software applications.
- Strong management skills are essential. Must be an educated, articulate and professional role model.
- College degree preferred - equivalent experience considered; 6 to 7 years of law office experience required.
- Paralegal certificate/ experience and financial experience desirable.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Wallingford
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top