Large Loss Property Claims Adjuster - Business Lines - Oregon
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking to use your customer service skills in a role where you can see that you are making a difference in people's lives? Are you looking for a position that allows you to do meaningful and innovative work in a culture of continuous improvement? Do you want a career with endless opportunities for growth?
As a member of the Business Lines Complex Property Claims Team, you will play a vital role in providing an outstanding customer experience to business owners by using your investigative and negotiation skills to resolve a variety of Commercial claims in a fast paced, detail-oriented, team environment. In this role, you will travel to the loss site to conduct thorough analysis. Every day is a new exciting challenge, as our Business Lines Complex Property Claims team uses cutting edge products and services to help our business owners through the claims process.
This position will be located in Oregon
The position has a potential signing bonus of up to $10,000
In this role, you will:
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of loss. Reviews and utilizes financial statements to adjust business interruption losses of any complexity with minimal supervision.
- Engages and manages consultants as required to assist in determining facts, causation, damages and exposure; monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other purposes.
- Keeps the Insured and others informed about the claims status with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications. Effectively communicates in writing on any coverage issue with minimal review and coaching.
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and the policy terms and conditions. Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and final payments when appropriate.
- Meet time requirements of the policy and fair claims handling practices.
- Effectively negotiate settlement of most claims with minimal supervision and the most complex claims under the general direction of the Executive General Adjuster. Achieves a prompt, fair and equitable settlement of a claim, where there is policy liability.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflects the adjustment activities and substantiates any payments made.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Knowledge of property insurance; commercial property claims, insurance operations; coverage evaluation; claims investigation, loss assessment and reserving, and negotiation and settlement.
- Other skills required; intermediate computer competencies to include Excel, ability to collaborate effectively through teamwork, seek excellence through achieving results, practice continuance improvement and have a customer service focus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; successful completion of required internal training programs; AIC (Associate in Claims) modules 33, 35, 36; and at least 4-5 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the site of catastrophe for assignments that may last several weeks.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Oregon
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Back to top