Investment Risk \u2013 Senior Analyst/Associate
- Boston, MA
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance \u2013 a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group\u2019s (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $80 billion in AUM and staffed with 250-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, Mass., we offer the best of both worlds \u2014 the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a \u201Cone firm, one portfolio, one team\u201D mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment Business Units (IBUs) working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
LMIG is proud to be recognized for a second time in 2019 as a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune magazine and as a Great Place to Work.
As a member of the Risk Management Team, the Senior Analyst will assist with risk analysis, monitoring, and framework development across Liberty Mutual Investments. This individual will assess risk across public and private asset classes in close partnership with internal portfolio managers, analysts, and various other stakeholders.
In addition to wide-ranging contributions to risk management and monitoring, this Risk Management professional will help to elevate the firm\u2019s \u201Cconstructively skeptical\u201D risk culture and advocate for the broader risk framework, which forms an integral part of LMI\u2019s investment process.
Please note: This position can be filled at the Senior Analyst or Associate level, depending on experience. Salary range will vary depending on level hired.
- Overseeing and advancing LMI\u2019s risk management framework
- Monitoring global market developments and identifying major risks to our portfolio
- Collaborating with multiple investment teams across business and functional units
- Performing research and developing quantitative models to assess the risk of new investments
- Relating market conditions, industry and regulatory developments to investment execution
- Incorporating a pragmatic approach to enhance risk models and investment decision making, as necessary
- Conducting ad hoc market research related to our portfolio or global markets
- A degree in Finance, Economics, or technical field and 1-4 years of relevant work experience is required. A graduate degree would be a plus.
The ideal candidate must also bring the following qualifications:
- A passion for risk management and a desire to build a career in the field
- A strong quantitative background, including statistics, computational or numerical simulation methods, and econometrics
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with a variety of investment and support professionals
- Perform risk analysis on new transaction approvals and provide recommendation and supporting analysis to portfolio management and transaction review committees
- Knowledge of various types of investments and their characteristics, including equities, fixed income investments, real estate/real assets and alternative investments
- Leverage risk modeling of private assets by public equivalent approach for risk management purposes
- Enhance the risk framework to effectively manage risks, contribute to data enhancement and infrastructure projects to improve risk management capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment
- Programming experience in dynamically-typed languages, including MATLAB, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and other standard financial databases and tools
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it\u2019s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in our business, or by our vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.
Back to top