Insurance Defense Trial Attorney, Mineola
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual's Insurance Defense Attorneys represent the Company and its policyholders in civil litigation matters involving claims for money damages or compensation for personal injury or property damage of a moderate value with moderately complex legal issues.
In this role, you will handle personal lines cases (home, auto, premises liability) including jury selection through verdict. This is a great opportunity to litigate cases and gain significant trial experience while working for a major insurance company with a great working environment, annual performance bonuses, alternate work environment, and a great benefits package.
Jurisdictions: Queens/Nassau Counties
- Uses Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters; advises, communicates and develops those strategies with Liberty Mutual's Claims Representatives and insured Clients, as appropriate.
- Understands and creatively uses technology; applies technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost. Possesses the skills necessary to use technology to work remotely. Capable of working with office staff who are remotely located.
- Conducts necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings. Researches the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conducts settlement negotiations.
- Advises, communicates and confers with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meets with, and maintains good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
- Remains current with developments in the law; understands medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
- Prepares and conducts training sessions for the Legal, Claims or other departments as required
- Completion of law school with LLB or JD and admission to the bar.
- Special license to practice before a particular board or federal court may be necessary.
- A minimum of 5 successful years as an attorney with experience taking jury verdicts
- The individual is required to have a general knowledge of insurance law and specific understanding of the operations and requirements of insured clients, customers and Liberty Mutual.
- The ability to effectively communicate and persuade by printed or spoken word is critical.
- Experience and ability appropriate to the level of cases or matters handled.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Mineola
Education Level: Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Back to top