Insurance Defense Attorney - Baton Rouge
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual's Insurance Defense Attorneys represent the Company and its policyholders in civil litigation matters involving claims for money damages or compensation for personal injury or property damage of a moderate value with moderately complex legal issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for an attorney with experience in litigation including depositions, motion practice and arbitrations. This is a great opportunity to litigate cases and gain significant trial experience while working for a major insurance company with a great working environment, annual performance bonuses, alternate work environment, and a great benefits package
- Use Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters
- Conduct necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings.
- Research the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conduct settlement negotiations.
- Advise, communicate and confer with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meet with, and maintain good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
- Remain current with developments in the law; understand medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions for Legal, Claims or other departments as required.
- Provide daily direction and guidance to junior attorneys.
- Understand and creatively use technology; apply technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Act as a team or group leader for an assigned group within the office.
Note: This is a remote position - and covers the SW LA area East from St. Martinville to Abbeville. Lafayette is in the middle . Court districts to cover include: 15th, 16th and 27th.
- Completion of law school with LLB or JD and admission to the bar in Louisiana.
- Special license to practice before a particular board or federal court may be necessary.
- A minimum of 3 successful years' experience as an attorney.
- The individual is required to have a general knowledge of insurance law and specific understanding of the operations and requirements of insured clients, customers and Liberty Mutual.
- The ability to effectively communicate and persuade by printed or spoken word is critical.
- Experience and ability appropriate to the level of cases or matters handled.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Education Level: Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top