Insurance Assistant - Baton Rouge
Launch Your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
Liberty Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity for an Insurance Assistant to provide administrative support in our in house counsel office while working for a major insurance company with a great working environment, annual performance bonuses and a great benefits package.
Performs various support duties, such as responding to internal and external requests for information and preparing documents, court information and files for additional handling by other associates. Performs support duties such as answering phones, greeting visitors to the office and assisting customers. Follows procedures and applies intermediate-level administrative skills and basic legal office knowledge to accomplish both routine and non-routine tasks and duties.
- Responsible for all Calendaring related to legal operations, including running various Calendar reports.
- Data entry, typing letters and emails. Monitors various electronic mailboxes and voicemails.
- Prepares letters for the courts and adversaries, logs, enters Motions and Notices
- Collaborates with various units within the company.
- Fields telephone calls from attorneys while they are in court and/or at appearances.
- Performs other related support duties as requested such as answering telephones, photocopying, faxing and scanning various documents.
- Provides back-up support in the absence of others.
- Dependability, attention to detail, ability to follow/interpret procedures, and employ reason to accomplish non-routine tasks and duties.
- Intermediate level of skill required to open, create and modify various documents using the Microsoft Office suite (e.g., documents, spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.) and enter/retrieve information using various applications/systems.
- Ability to effectively exchange routine and non-routine information verbally and in writing and apply knowledge of the department's policies and procedures.
- Understanding of the courts and stages of litigation, knowledge of various electronic court systems following for Motion Decisions, preferred.
- High school education or equivalent, plus at least 1-2 years of relevant customer service or administrative experience.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Administrative Services
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Back to top