Inside Property Claims Adjuster, Catastrophe
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
In the Inside CAT unit is responsible for claim activities which support the US Consumer Markets Claims Organization. Responsibilities include investigation, analysis and other claims handling duties for low severity property loss claims within assigned authority limits and consistent with policy and legal requirements. Ensures the delivery of quality service to customers
- Investigates claim damages and situation using internal and external resources. Investigation steps include speaking with the insured or other involved parties such as contractors, requesting and receiving a field investigation report, research on past claim activity, research on external websites for CAT event confirmation, and engaging vendors for services, material supply and/or pricing.
- Determines policy coverage through analyzing investigation data and policy terms, including whether claim will be approved or denied. Notifies insured of coverage or any issues. Establishes reserve levels at the beginning of handling a claim and adjusts as appropriate based on investigation findings.
- Handles and owns claims submitted by independent adjusters, including making coverage and reserve decisions, and reviewing work for accuracy.
- Maintains accurate and current communication with insured/claimant.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the life cycle of claim cases.
- Engages specialized departments such as Special Investigation Unit and Subrogation as appropriate.
- Determines and negotiates settlement amounts for damages claimed within assigned authority limits. Makes recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of authority limits. Closes claim files upon completion of final payment.
- Alerts underwriting, marketing and/or risk management regarding questionable risks encountered to ensure potential hazards are clearly documented.
- May participate in Field CAT unit activities as appropriate to expedite claims processing.
- May participate in conducting suit committees, roundtables, arbitrations and mediations.
- Updates and maintains various systems with claims data on claim status, reserves, etc. once information is received by Field CAT Claims Specialists on property claims.
- Reviews recommendations for causation, approval / denial made by Independent Adjusters to determine whether to approve / deny the claim. Approves recommendations for reserve and settlement/payment schedule amounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Successful completion of formal claims training program or 1-2 years of proficient and directly related experience required
- Required to be licensed per state regulations
- Relevant continuing education courses and industry certifications preferred (e.g., AEI, IIA, CPCU)
- Knowledge of claims investigation techniques and legal aspects of claims
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top