Inside Property Adjuster - Business Lines - Plano, TX - Englewood, CO - Fairfield, OH
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a claims team with a responsible company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? Liberty Mutual Insurance has an excellent claims opportunity available.
Property Adjusters investigate commercial property claims, evaluate damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost estimates, control the insured's exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. Negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils.
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of property losses. Reviews and utilizes financial statements to adjust short duration business interruption losses.
- Conduct on-site appraisal or direct independent adjuster to determine facts relevant causation, damages and exposure.
- Engages and manages consultants and independent adjusters as required. Monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other purposes; monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Keeps the insured and others informed about the claim's status with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications. Determines depreciation of claim.
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and the policy terms and conditions.
- Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and final payments when appropriate.
- Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying complexity and perils.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflect the adjustment activities and substantiate any payments made.
- Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.
Knowledge of commercial property claims adjusting methods (coverage evaluation, loss assessment, etc.), legal/regulatory environment, financial concepts;
Analytical/problem solving, attention to detail, communication, organizing & planning work as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree or equivalent; interpersonal (diplomacy, tact, listening, etc.) and customer service orientation.
A bility and willingness to travel to the site of a catastrophe for assignments that may last several weeks.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Fairfield
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top