Inside Auto Damage Appraiser
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Completes quality appraisals of damaged vehicles to restore these vehicles to their pre-damage condition. Completes moderate complexity claims within assigned authority limits consistent with company policy and legal requirements. Daily expectations include total loss opinions, auto repair shop and independent adjuster appraisal re-inspections, and supplemental appraisals. Provides best in class service to our internal and external customers.
This position is located in Plano, Texas.
- Utilizing multiple software systems and claims best practices, prepares itemized appraisals indicating costs of parts, materials and labor necessary to restore damaged vehicles to their pre-damage condition. Submits appraisals to claims personnel or issues payments to policyholders and/or claimants.
- Provides technical advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, garage expertise and opinions on whether specific damage is related to a particular accident.
- Completes auto repair facility and independent re-inspections, supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs are completed.
- Resolves disagreements and negotiates with auto repair facilities, Independent Adjusters, claimants and policyholders.
- Evaluates claims for potential fraud or subrogation.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requirements include knowledge of automobile parts and repair techniques, terminology and vehicle construction.
- An understanding of the basics of the claims department operation is necessary.
- Requires strong negotiation and analytical skills, strong computer skills and ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Licensing and certification are required.
- For car custodians, a valid driver's license is required.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top