Field Property Claims Adjuster - Tyler, TX
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
This position is located in Tyler, TX.
Manages, investigates and resolves assigned Property Loss claims. Provides policyholders with exceptional customer service. May assist Claims Representatives with in-person inspection/policyholder contact where necessary.
- Investigates, determines coverage of loss and adjusts all elements of Property Loss claims.
- Conducts inspections of loss sites, writes appraisals for dwelling repairs and issues payment to policyholders where possible. May work with a Liberty network contractor in the appraisal process. Ability to independently scope losses.
- Explains coverage of loss, assists policyholders with itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Identifies suspicious losses. Recommends referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty. For Catastrophe (CAT) roles, investigative fieldwork includes a high amount of travel to claim location.
- Requires knowledge of coverages provided within various homeowner policies.
- Capable of writing structural damage estimates of moderate to severe losses.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills. Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems and analytical skills.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and at least 2 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top