Enterprise Risk Management Consultant
Advance your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
The Enterprise Risk Management Consultant will l ead risk analysis and prepares and reviews reporting packages to support ERM programs, including reporting for various ERM committees comprised of senior executives and members of the Board of Directors. Conducts and occasionally leads economic, financial market and industry research and analysis to support key ERM program initiatives. Participates in, makes presentations to, and occasionally leads discussions at ERM committees on group-wide ERM related initiatives comprised of cross-functional teams. Initiatives may include development and implementation of risk mitigation strategies, improvement of risk management processes and analyses, and implementation of regulatory ERM requirements. Assists with identification of future sources of risk and developing recommendations or solutions on how to mitigate.
- Support Corporate ERM operations by conducting risk analysis and modeling, stress scenario testing, and research on key risk-related issues.
- Prepare and technically review materials and reporting packages for key meetings, including LMIG ERM committee meetings.
- Participate in and make occasional presentations to group-wide ERM related initiatives comprised of cross-functional teams from various businesses and functions; initiatives may include development and implementation of risk mitigation strategies, improvement of risk management processes and analyses, and implementation of regulatory ERM requirements.
- Conduct and provide technical reviews of research and analysis on existing and emerging risks. Support drafting of risk mitigation recommendations and implementation of committee-approved initiatives.
- Periodically lead work on initiatives and projects to resolve specific risk issues.
- Provide support and technical reviews for assessments of Liberty Mutual's ERM program by external parties such as rating agencies and regulators.
- Assist with the preparation of Liberty Mutual's Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA), and conduct and technically review modeling and analysis required for annual updates.
- Conduct and provide technical reviews of analysis to support Liberty Mutual's advocacy positions on ERM and regulatory capital related proposals.
- Contribute to the development of analytical techniques, processes, concepts, and methodologies to ensure the organization has effective tools to evaluate and mitigate risk.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g., finance, economics, mathematics) required; Master's degree preferred
- Very strong quantitative analysis and modeling skills required.
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in an analytical capacity (e.g., business/financial analysis role, product management, actuarial, underwriting) required; experience in one or more areas of risk management or its equivalent preferred.
- Very strong understanding of the risk characteristics of insurance products required. Strong understanding of the inherent risks borne by an insurance company required.
- Very strong understanding of basic financial concepts and metrics, including financial statement analysis, required.
- Familiarity with ERM-related regulatory frameworks (Solvency II, NAIC ORSA, ComFrame) a plus.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Strategy & Planning
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top