Director, Real Estate Debt
- Boston, MA
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance \u2013 a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group\u2019s (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $80 billion in AUM and staffed with 250-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, Mass., we offer the best of both worlds \u2014 the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a \u201Cone firm, one portfolio, one team\u201D mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment business units (IBUs) working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
LMIG is proud to be recognized for a second time in 2019 as a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune magazine and as a Great Place to Work.
- Work as part of the real estate group within Global Partnerships & Innovation to drive the research, analysis, and evaluation of a variety of real estate debt investment opportunities
- Construct real estate mezzanine debt portfolio with primary responsibility for investment strategy, origination and execution of new opportunities, and portfolio management
- Identify, structure and execute direct and indirect real estate debt investments throughout the capital stack (senior, stretch senior, mezz., preferred equity) across sectors and geographies
- Prepare and present investment committee materials to senior leadership across LMI
- Drive robust relative value discussions across the organization and seek to generate optimal risk-adjusted returns for the overall portfolio
- Work closely with Legal, Finance, Accounting and risk management to execute transactions and manage portfolio
- Promote culture of collaboration and be willing to work cross-functionally to add value across the organization
- Pursue the development of technology, data and analytics needed to support the role
- 10\u002B years of experience originating, structuring, and managing real estate credit
- Proven investment track record working across the capital stack in various structures
- Experience in portfolio construction and asset management with a focus on risk management, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Extensive network of sponsors and managers across property types and geographies
- Experience working from initial business plan review through execution
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work across business units (finance, accounting, operations risk management, public/private markets)
- Possess exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- High-performing team player with a willingness to be flexible and take on additional responsibilities depending on the needs of the business
- MBA or CFA preferred
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it\u2019s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in our business, or by our vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.
Back to top