Director, Internal Fraud Strategy & Prevention
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Top 10 P&C Insurance Carrier and a Fortune 100 Company!
With over $28B in revenue, Global Retail Markets (GRM) is the largest Strategic Business Unit (SBU) within Liberty Mutual Insurance, a Top 10 P&C Insurance Carrier and Fortune 100 Company. The GRM Claims team is looking for a senior leader who has expertise in internal fraud prevention, strategy and operations, to build and lead the Internal Fraud function within the 8,700 person Claims organization.
This is a highly visible role that reports directly to the Vice President, Claims and Manager of Strategic Programs and Continuous Improvement. She/he will have significant exposure to the Chief Claims Officer and his executive leadership team. This position requires significant collaboration and effective partnership with other areas of Claims, Liberty's corporate Internal Audit department and other areas within the company.
- Establishes, communicates and executes the vision for a best in class Claims Internal Fraud prevention and operations function. Provides leadership, direction, and support to drive its success.
- Build a sustainable program with simple set of processes within Claims for monitoring Internal Fraud and to identify, prevent and mitigate risk.
- Evaluates resource and investment needs to execute and achieve the vision. Presents recommendations and business case to VP, Claims and other executives.
- Build and leverages strong partnership with modeling, data mining and analytics teams to establish GRM Claims at the forefront of the industry and enhance our insights into internal fraud identification and mitigation.
- Create a broad based strategy to communicate, train, educate, and enhance culture of employee awareness regarding internal fraud and lead the implementation across Claims.
- Build and implement a systematic annual review of internal fraud practices and results. Design and implement measurement systems, reporting, and key metrics to continuously monitor the effectiveness of strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with all levels of the organization and across Claims, GRM and Liberty Mutual and establish the partnerships needed for success.
- Present work and recommendations on a regular basis to executives and other senior leaders in a way that translates complex work into an easy to digest story with an appropriate level of detail.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of changes in field of fraud investigations, regulatory requirements and security standards required by governmental agencies.
- Act as a resource and liaison to other functions within GRM and Liberty Mutual to identify, triage, and address internal fraud and scam activity directed at Liberty Mutual.
- Contributes as part of the SP&CI leadership team to executive updates, staff meeting discussions, and department wide decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Advance education or degree in area of risk management or equivalent prior experience in relevant roles is highly preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of experience. Must have relevant and recent leadership experience with demonstrable track record of developing fraud prevention strategies, leading/managing investigations and delivering superior results.
- Must have exceptional leadership, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to effectively influence at all levels of the organization.
- Track record in leading complex data and process analysis to make recommendations and improvements in outcomes.
- Strong collaborator with capabilities to create alignment across all levels and with all key stakeholders
- Designations in Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) from the ACFE Association of Certified Fraud examiners, and Fraud Claim Law Specialist (FCLS) from IRMI International Risk Management Institute preferred
- Travel expectation: <25>
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Omari J.Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top