Director I, Data Products - Cloud
Advance your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will revolutionize how people experience insurance. If you're an innovative thought leader who wants to use modern, open technologies and frameworks to develop products that positively impact people, then join our team and let's build something great together.
GRM (Global Retail Markets) is in pursuit of a Director I to join the growing Data Products Team to provide product ownership to our cloud enablement strategy and to modernize architecture with best practice security solutions. The role will be responsible for end to end cloud delivery pipeline solutions working with agile teams. The role will be responsible for creating and informing the backlog, working with architects and technologists to enable technical pathways as well as enabling teams to deliver incremental solutions. The role will also be responsible for a multi-cloud strategy for the future to ensure that risk mitigation, redundancy, disaster recovery and other plans are in place in collaboration with relevant teams. T he role will operate at the intersection of business, customer driven design and technology to deliver products that achieve business objectives and improve customer satisfaction as demonstrated by relevant KPI's .
In this role you will start off as an influential senior level individual contributor, and may potentially grow into people management at a later date.
You could be a great fit if you are a...
- Strategic Thinker: you will assess, design and guide the strategic vision for data products, lead your agile team through innovation through implementation, and influence strategic thinking across the broader organization
- Innovator : you will help transform vague ideas or problems into products, motivate others to think outside-the-box and drive the ideation of ways to meet evolving organizational and customer data needs
- Team Player: you will build and maintain working relationships with business partners, work across functions to solve for pain points, and enjoy sharing best practices or mentoring your peers
- Act as a data solutions engineer working within modern architectures and frameworks while experimenting with newer technologies and tools in the data analytics and data science space
- Collaborate with development teams and architects experienced with these newer technologies to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long term strategy.
- Provide technology leadership and oversight on design, development and implementation of business intelligence solutions
- Explore and provide expertise in Data solutions associated with Cloud platforms with AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Provide input to major architectural designs for Data to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility leveraging Cloud and other platforms.
- Manages highly complex projects; recommends and implements new or enhanced data products to better meet stakeholder or customer needs by leading development of agile team backlogs, including milestones and dates, identification of parties and processes impacted by a data product
- Sets the strategic vision and technical roadmap for the data products based on organizational priorities and pain points.
- Responsible for recommending and building end to end data solutions
- Turn vague ideas or problems into a data product strategy and influence strategic thinking across the team and the broader organization
- Liaison with the Architects and Technical teams to establish cohesive strategies supporting analytics for the future.
- Act as a coach and mentor for peers and team members and communicate effectively across multiple technical units and senior leadership.
- Understand industry data and technology trends as well as organizational processes
- Break down data problems/challenges and resolve them, by prototyping data solutions to meet the needs of both the organization and business customers
- Think through proof-of-concept solutions and how they will be maintained, and can help assess whether proof-of-concepts are viable and scalable by partnering with IT
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Experienced with Cloud Platforms with emphasis on Data analytics and migration
- Experience in communicating architecture, solutions recommendations to senior business leaders preferred
- Bachelor's Degree, or relevant work experience, in Computer Science or related field preferred
- MBA or advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative discipline strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience working in coding and data solutions design principles, particularly in open source tools and technology
- Ability to grasp new technologies needed to progress initiatives, while demonstrating an understanding of the use of data in solving a business use case
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top