Director, Front Office / Analytics Technology
At Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), we manage a high-quality investment portfolio utilizing a disciplined strategy. We have a large and varied customer base, supported by strategic business units that function as a complete investment firm within our Fortune 100 company. Our Investment professionals are critical to our ability to keep our promises to policyholders, claimants and their families.
LMI Technology is actively searching for a Director of Front Office / Analytics Technology who, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, will be responsible for:
- IT product management for front office / analytics oriented apps and solutions (e.g. Aladdin, BiSam, Matlab)
- Prioritize investment research, portfolio management and trading technology initiatives
- Owns and is accountable for roadmaps, vendor engagement, delivery, SLAs and support
- Runs the embedded / quant development practice
- Manages a team of 5-10 software developers
- Primary technology partner for LMI's GPS, GPMI, Credit Strategies and Performance & Attribution business teams
About the role:
- Develops and implements business and/or IT vision, critical success factors and operating plans; develops and communicates department/enterprise vision, strategies, critical success factors and plans; develops high level migration plans.Anticipates and manages technology evolution and relates it to business solutions.Sets direction based on alignment to business and overall technology standards.
- Hires and manages lower level managers and may hire and manage individual contributors;coaches and counsels team members, especially managers regarding management techniques.Determines and manages staffing strategy and plan (# of FTEs, skills needed, depth of experience, internal and external staffing mix) consistent with the needs of the department.Ensures decisions related to hiring, firing and promotions are executed.
- Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with project and department objectives.
- Appraises and evaluates department and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations; oversees the appraisal process.
- Initiates and fosters business partnerships with current and potential clients, vendors, IT executives, and senior business executives; develops relationships that promote trust and increase efficiency and effectiveness; balances individual client needs with business priorities assuring alignment with the business strategies and objectives.
- Establishes financial plan for department and manages to plan; ensures project financial plans are met by managers in department.Jointly establishes financial targets with business partners.
- Oversees the development, implementation and execution of multiple projects ensuring scope and schedule are established for projects; oversees operating plan and resource allocation for the department, including prioritization and staff deployment; acts based on changed priorities.
- Formulates and executes process and organizational improvement direction and programs which enhance overall effectiveness; proactively seeks ways to improve human resource and other management processes.Understands business process, issues/problems and applies appropriate IT standards and solutions.
- Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts; performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products; analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience; Master's Degree preferred.
- Generally more than 10 years related experience with 5 years in leadership role.
- Technology expert in in support of portfolio construction, investment risk management and securities trading and operations
- Advanced knowledge of fixed income and derivate security types.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies and their application to business opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools and IT standards and guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
- Ability to promote a team environment.
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Experience with a transformation to an IT Product model and agile (scrum) delivery
- Experience developing talent to staff IT Product Management / Product Owner roles
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top