Complex Bodily Injury Adjuster - 98462
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Responsible for the investigation, evaluation and disposition of cases on assignment, which may include an established portion of the office/team workload and/or individual assigned cases that present moderate to high exposure or complex coverage or liability issues.
- Manages, investigates, and resolves claims. Investigates and evaluates coverage, liability, damages, and settles claims within prescribed authority levels. Recommends ultimate resolution on assigned cases in excess of their authority to local claims management and Home Office.
- Identifies potential suspicious claims and refers to SIU and identifies opportunities for third party subrogation.
- Prepares for and attends trials, hearings and conferences and reports to Home Office and local management on status. Confers with trial counsel and prepares trial reports.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims, refers tasks to auxiliary resources as necessary, and advise as to proper course of action. Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including status reports.
- Ensures adequacy of reserves. Recommends reserve increases on cases in excess of authority.
- Accountable for security of financial processing of claims, as well as security information contained in claims files.
- Responsible for managing the practices and billing activities of outside and in-house counsel.
- May assist in the absence of the Claims Team Manager, representing the company on matters involving state or federal regulatory agencies. May be involved in special projects and/or mentoring at the direction of local management.
- Must have an advanced knowledge of coverage, liability, and complex claims handling procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of state and federal laws in the adjuster's jurisdiction.
- A full working knowledge of claims operations and procedures is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required as well as strong interpersonal, analytical, investigative, and negotiation skills.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and at least 5-7 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top