Claims Specialist Internship - Global Retail Markets - Lake Mary, FL (Summer 2019)
Claims Specialist Internship
Sharpen your business skills and your resume at a Fortune 100 company.
Envision an internship where you don't exactly feel like an intern.
As a Claims Intern at Liberty Mutual, you'll hit the ground running and work on a variety of critical business assignments. You'll face scenarios that test your skills, draw on your academic knowledge, and connect your interests to a real job. You'll immerse yourself in our industry-leading company and learn how to seek out details, make informed decisions, and help people resolve questions.
Ultimately, you'll see firsthand what it's like to pursue a career in Claims at Liberty Mutual, by assisting our Claims professionals with investigating accidents or incidents involving injured workers or unrelated parties.
It's a great opportunity to put the business skills you've learned in school into real world context and add differentiating experience to your resume.
As a Claims Intern, you'll:
- Gain valuable real world experience with a Fortune 100 company
- Receive the management support, tools, and resources you need to be successful
- Develop the knowledge and skills you need to conduct thorough investigations, evaluate losses, and negotiate settlements
- Participate in educational and social programs that will accelerate your development
- Assess liability of claims based on facts gathered through investigation
- Assist in managing an inventory of claims
- Build business and professional skills that will position you for leadership positions
- Enjoy the camaraderie of an online community of interns
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree (graduating in December 2019 or later)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (additional requirements may apply)
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical, analytical and investigative skills; ability to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Efficient planning, time management and organizational skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Ability to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks (May-August)
Take the first step:
Start the application process by completing your candidate profile and our required assessment. The assessment will take between 30 and 60 minutes to complete.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Back to top