Claims Internship - Global Risk Solutions - Glendale, CA (Summer 2019)
Sharpen your business skills and your resume at a Fortune 100 company.
Envision an internship where you don't exactly feel like an intern.
As a Claims Intern at Liberty Mutual, you'll hit the ground running and work on a variety of critical business assignments. You'll face scenarios that test your skills, draw on your academic knowledge, and connect your interests to a real job. You'll immerse yourself in our industry-leading company and learn how to seek out details, make informed decisions, and help people resolve questions.
Ultimately, you'll see firsthand what it's like to pursue a career in Claims at Liberty Mutual, by assisting our Claims professionals with investigating accidents or incidents involving injured workers or unrelated parties.
It's a great opportunity to put the business skills you've learned in school into real world context and add differentiating experience to your resume.
As a Claims Intern, you'll:
- Gain valuable real world experience with a Fortune 100 company
- Receive the management support, tools, and resources you need to be successful
- Develop the knowledge and skills you need to conduct thorough investigations, evaluate losses, and negotiate settlements
- Participate in educational and social programs that will accelerate your development
- Assess liability of claims based on facts gathered through investigation
- Assist in managing an inventory of claims
- Build business and professional skills that will position you for leadership positions
- Enjoy the camaraderie of an online community of interns
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; additional requirements may apply
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical, analytical and investigative skills; ability to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Efficient planning, time management and organizational skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks (May/June-August)
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-California-Glendale
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Omari J.Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top