Claims Customer Care Associate
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Our Claims Customer Care Associate is the first point of contact for Liberty Mutual customers after they experience a loss. Our service must be best in class as this is when they need us most. The position is for career focused individuals looking to start their career in insurance. We are looking for best in class service professionals and will provide the training needed though our Claims Career Academy. In addition, we provide the training necessary to secure a Property and Casualty Adjuster's license, which is a requirement of this role. Our Claims team has a very important role in our organization, therefore, we believe it is important to provide our representatives with the best benefits and coaching support to ensure a successful and rewarding career.
- Provides efficient customer service by promptly and courteously responding to all inbound inquiries regarding Personal Insurance claims.
- Performs initial capture of new Auto claims; Processes all 'First Notice of Loss' and performs enhanced capture steps as needed. Capture new claims and service existing claims through effective collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Set expectations with customers on when updates on their claim status will be provided. Provides contacts for temporary resources such as rental cars locations and or tow trucks to assist callers.
- Demonstrates understanding of policies and provides guidance and assistance to callers based on their needs; and may make limited recommendations on enhancements as needed.
- Processes caller transactions accurately and within established Contact Center time standards. Manages and utilizes time effectively to ensure the required service levels for call capture and service handle time as well as quality and customer satisfaction standards are met.
- Efficiently utilizes on-line reference materials to provide accurate and timely information and counsel to customers. Effectively operates systems and applications including computer desktop, Microsoft Outlook, call center specific phone systems and the internet.
- Develops and continuously builds product, procedural and technical systems knowledge. Completes licensing and continuing education requirements as required.
Class Start Date: 1-14-19
Hours of Operation: 6 a.m. - 1:15 a.m., 7 days a week.
- High School degree or equivalent training or experience in a business related field, or a minimum of 6 months related work experience is required. Customer Service experience preferred.
- Ability to review record and organize written data from a variety of sources.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and the capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment, are required.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information is critical. Proficiency with computers is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and keyboard shortcuts is desired.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 25 WPM.
- Appropriate licenses upon hiring/training, along with a passing score on required Proficiency Assessments.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Liberty Lake
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Back to top