Catastrophe Analyst, Exposure Management - Research and Development
Advance your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
The Research and Development team is a part of the Corporate Exposure Management team which sits within the Corporate Enterprise Risk Department and is charged with creating the Liberty view of Catastrophe risk. The (Senior) Catastrophe Analyst will be part of a team that has expertise in natural hazards, engineering, catastrophe risk and insurance risk modeling.
- Help create the Liberty view of risk by conducting independent research and integrating findings into Cat modeling framework
- In-depth analysis and interpretation of third-party catastrophe models including evaluation of new model releases.
- Development of model adjustments for established perils and regions to align with Liberty's portfolio of risks. This includes post-event assessment of models and recommended enhancements.
- Communicate and present model validation findings and actionable items to business units and other stakeholders.
- Create custom tools for non-modeled and poorly modeled risks as well as develop tools and novel techniques for evaluation of models and model results. This includes use of GIS as well as other analytical products.
- Support real-time loss estimation and provide actionable insights to the business units.
- Identify potential large loss scenarios to which Liberty may be exposed and help assess emerging risks.
Category: Strategy & Planning; Experienced Professionals
Primary Location: Boston, MA
Salary: $75,600 94,500
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift: Day Job
- Degree or research experience in meteorology, atmospheric science, hydrology or related field desired
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience running a Catastrophe Model (AIR or RMS) preferred
- Knowledge of GIS application a plus
- Superb data mining skills; proficiency in programming and statistical analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Back to top