Business Analyst II, National Insurance Analytics Data Strategy & Reporting
Advance Your Career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
The National Insurance Analytics group is seeking an analyst for our Data Strategy & Reporting team to help promote a data-driven culture throughout National Insurance. In order to achieve our vision of becoming an elite underwriting organization, the Analytics team closely partners with many teams across Product, Underwriting Strategy & Excellence, Risk Control, Distribution, and our various Underwriting segments to provide analytical support to enable NI to out-select its competitors.
This role will be member of a virtual team within the Data Strategy & Reporting group to deliver operational reporting and descriptive/diagnostic analytics to support the day-to-day operations of various shared service functions (e.g., Risk Control, Center of Excellence, Risk Quality Assessment, etc.) within NI. This team partners with key stakeholders across the business to centralize all shared service reporting needs, deliver critical information and insights on a recurring basis, and continuously find ways to improve the effectiveness of information delivery through visualization.
At least 75% of time is spent on a combination of the following responsibilities:
- Develops, updates, and analyzes metrics used to determine operational performance, staffing needs, productivity, or other measures deemed valuable to an organization.
- Owns report development for reports/dashboards considered complex in nature. Develops, modifies, and distributes standard and ad hoc reports/dashboards to better understand the overall business and/or unit. Develops presentations and shares findings as well as recommendations.
- Receives, evaluates and responds to data-related inquiries by applying knowledge of data and business operations and obtaining information from various sources.
- Builds the business case for making a change to current practices, programs or procedures. Conducts current state assessment, opportunity assessment, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility assessment, etc.
- Analyzes information to identify trends, patterns, gaps and insights using descriptive analytics. Often uses data visualization tools to further business insights.
- Identifies business processes to review. Performs complex research by gathering data from a variety of sources, which may include operational data, metrics, competitor information, and feedback from business partners.
- Conducts analyses based on operational, economic and/or financial data in order to quantify the competitive performance of business segments, evaluate potential operational changes, and/or design new approaches and methodologies.
- Partners with stakeholders on the design, testing, implementation, and evaluation of business process changes to improve business outcomes. Leads implementation and evaluation of business process changes or a portion of a larger initiative (e.g., major area within a function).
Displays strong research, problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, influencing, relationship management, and presentation skills. Strong business operations knowledge to include understanding the function's value chain and market conditions. Solid ability to support change and impart value within an organization. Solid project management skills as part of implementing business process changes. Strong knowledge of available data sources, strengths and shortcomings. Advanced knowledge of Excel and solid knowledge of database software. Solid knowledge of business intelligence tools preferred.
Requires competencies typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in addition to 5+ years of relevant experience to include business analysis work.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top