Auto Claims Representative - Global Retail Markets - Liberty Lake, WA
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Claims Resolution Representative - Liberty Lake, WA
Under general supervision, responsible for obtaining and maintaining essential information in order to handle routine auto claims. May conduct investigations on assigned cases based on policy and accident details to confirm coverage and damages owed. Common claims handled include tow claims, insured single vehicle auto losses, clear liability claims and CAT claims. Solves problems of limited scope and complexity. Settles and pays claims in a fast-paced, high-production, high-volume environment that focuses heavily on customer service.
- Provides positive customer experience while appropriately handling routine auto claims by obtaining information and maintaining accurate records about accidents from customers through telephone and written reports. Champions our multiple electronic platforms.
- Arranges and reschedules appraisals, reviews appraisal reports and communicates with customers, and repair shops, etc.
- Secures essential facts about accidents, negotiates settlements and explains denials to policyholders. Identifies exceptions and transfers high complexity claim files as needed.
- Reviews pending claims, updates claims file, executes on outstanding items, and moves files to closure expediently. Ensures payments processed timely as needed or inputs payments within authority.
- May be required to assist in CAT situations.
- Special assignments or projects as assigned.
- Responsible for developing proficiency and capabilities expected of a Low Complexity Representative during new hire ramp-up period
- Must demonstrate strong customer service focus, a proficient understanding and use of basic policy/contract coverage (including regulatory/policy differences, legal liability, and general policy coverage) and be able to recognize questionable coverage/contract situations which necessitate supervisory involvement.
- Position requires excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and keyboarding skills along with the capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment.
- Requires strong working knowledge and ability to utilize multiple systems to handle/process claims.
- General understanding of overall claim operations and key stakeholders.
- High school diploma plus 1-3 years of related customer service experience or applicable insurance knowledge.
- Licensing required in some states.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Liberty Lake
Back to top