Auto Claims Customer Representative, Total Loss
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Under moderate supervision, manages, investigates and resolves vehicle damage claims. Handles cases which require special knowledge (such as Total Loss, Total Loss fatalities) at every severity level with a focus on moderate complexity Total Loss claims. Provides quality customer service to meet the needs of the insured, claimant, all internal and external customers.
This position is located in Plano, Texas.
- Manages, handles and resolves moderate complexity Total Loss claims. Evaluates liability, coverage and settles claims within prescribed procedures and authority.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims and refers tasks to auxiliary resources as necessary. Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including status reports.
- May ensure adequacy of reserves, confirm or deny coverage and liability and advises policyholders and claimants as to proper course of action.
- Uses internet resources and Liberty Mutual contracted vendors for pricing and/or validation of inventoried items.
- Negotiates settlements within prescribed authority and explains denials to policyholders and claimants. Makes effective use of loss management techniques. Negotiates settlements with claimants, attorneys. Arranges for expert inspections involving third party or potential fraud actions as needed.
- Updates files and provides comprehensive reports as required. Identifies and recommends referral of potentially fraudulent claims to the SIU.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be skilled at recognizing questionable coverage/contract situations which necessitate supervisory involvement and able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and use of basic policy/contract coverages.
- Ability to handle multiple claims work systems, total losses required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent training plus at least 1 year of directly related claims experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of the various operations with the Claims Department.
- Knowledge of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage and State Tort Law.
- Licensing as required.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top