Assistant Director, Advanced Analytics, Talent Analytics
Advance Your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
The workplace is changing faster than ever, as advances in technology and talent models change what is possible for, and what is required of, our workforce. Do you want to figure out how an organization should prepare itself for trends like globalization and automation? Do you love breaking down complex problems to enable action? Here at Liberty, we are committed to ensuring that we set up our talent for success in the long-term, and in this role you will drive our efforts to research what steps we need to be taking now to prepare for the future.
The Research and Modeling team within Talent Analytics explores new methodologies and research to drive better people practices and decisions. Our team is made up of experts from a diverse set of backgrounds to tackle new problems and to generate novel approaches. This role could be an outstanding fit for you if you can bring new ideas, fresh perspectives, and an analytical mindset to research and craft a plan to prepare Liberty's workforce for whatever the future may hold.
When you join the team, you will:
- Solve high complexity problems, providing recommendations and assessments
- Drive a high profile work stream to determine how to prepare our workforce for the uncertainty of the future, partnering across both the Talent team and the broader Liberty Mutual organization
- Use a host of tools (predictive modeling, econometrics, test/control studies) to build insight and craft recommendations
- Consistently present to senior leadership to impact key Talent objectives
- Collaborate across functions and disciplines
- Develop and pursue proof-of-concept research direction
- Generate new insights and develop new methods from raw people data
The variety of work will allow you to use your broad technical expertise, learn and grow new skills, and focus on acquiring additional technical and/or leadership experiences to advance your career. The trends or opportunities you identify will help translate to change across the entire organization.
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum 7 years of corporate experience (Advanced education may be substituted for years of experience)
- Willing to reprioritize work and operate within varying levels of uncertainty
- High degree of self-motivation and self-direction
- Comfortable making recommendations based on incomplete information
- Ability to break complex problems down into concrete solutions
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint required; statistical software packages a plus (SQL, SAS, R, Python)
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Strategy & Planning
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top