Architect, Quantitative Development
At Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), we manage a high-quality investment portfolio utilizing a disciplined strategy. We have a large and varied customer base, supported by strategic business units that function as a complete investment firm within our Fortune 100 company. Our Investment professionals are critical to our ability to keep our promises to policyholders, claimants and their families.
LMI Technology is actively searching for an Architect, Quantitative Development who, reporting to the Director, Front Office / Analytics:
- Works with the quantitative and investment teams on various projects including portfolio construction, risk management, and research.
- Architects high quality analytic solutions that will be used to enhance and optimize the business.
- Applies advanced analytics and quantitative concepts to support investment needs and develop solutions.
About the role:
- Establishes and leads the technology strategy and technology roadmaps that enable the business.
- Partners with the Product Owners to align the roadmap with the technical design and strategy.
- Provides oversight at the portfolio level; influencing decision-making and prioritizing the business and architecture backlog for the programs and teams.
- Designs and develops IT architecture (integrated process, methodology, framework, software/applications, data, information, and technology) scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards.
- Provides consultation and collaborates with Market CIO, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range product features.
- Recommends and drives innovative solutions, which anticipates the future direction of the business, its drivers and technology strategy.
- Provides consultation on leveraging new and existing software and technology.
- Leads teams, may have overall leadership responsibility for product architecture and design.
- Reviews and ensures major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost effective solutions.
- Works with or leads technical teams to identify functional requirements that drive architecture and technology to meet customer needs and enables business capability.
- Participates with application and infrastructure design architects to provide guidance for development and releases.
- Develops strategies and architectures which support advanced security topics such as Vulnerability Lifecycle Management, Identity Management, Intrusion Detection, Authentication, Authorization and Auditing.
- Consults with application development and infrastructure development teams to fit systems to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate customer/stakeholder needs.
- Responsible for prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies.
- Recommends emerging scalable and reusable technical solutions to increase market share and reduce operational costs.
- Analyzes the technology industry and market trends to determine potential impact on the business.
- Influences technology direction and/or adjustments to incorporate into business plans.
- Influences the selection of hardware and software product standards and the design of standard configurations; makes significant contributions to market-centric technology roadmaps and architectural principles and frameworks.
- Develops and manages effective collaborative relationships with other departments, groups, peers, and subordinates (data mgmt., security, and infrastructure).
- Leads retrospectives and defining opportunities for experiments and POC's.
- Facilitates cross-team/train learnings, communication and alignment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline; Master's preferred. Ideally hold CFA or advanced finance degree
- Deep front office investments domain experience required (e.g., research, portfolio construction, trading)
- Experience with advanced mathematics including optimization and probability / statistics
- Expert with quantitative technologies (e.g., Matlab, Python, R) and advanced data engineer.
- Comfortable with broad stack of technologies (e.g., Excel VBA, BI Tools, Java, .NET)
- 10+ years of architecture experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Extensive experience in layered solutions and designs, diverse technical configurations, across multiple technologies and processing environments.
- In-depth knowledge in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of all product and system components of technical architecture.
- In-depth understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies including but not limited to, insurance industry, financial services, global business, architecture, technology trends, as well as security minded.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient new and emerging technologies.
- Strong leadership skills; coaching and mentoring skills. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company.
- Ability to balance the long-term 'big picture' and short term implications of decisions.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top