Analytics Co-op - Boston, MA (January-June 2019)
January - June 2019 Analytics Co-op
Liberty Mutual's co-op program gives you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As an Analytics Co-op at Liberty Mutual, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to a specific department. You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work.
This is your chance to explore Liberty Mutual as a potential employer. We will provide you with a meaningful experience along with the management support, tools and resources you need to be successful. An online community of co-ops will provide a collegial environment to help with your transition from school to work. You'll have the opportunity to participate in educational and social programs that will accelerate your development.
- Continuous Improvement
- Property Claims Product
- Strategy & Planning
- Product Management & Claims
As a co-op, you must be working towards a bachelor's degree and possess a minimum 3.0 GPA (additional requirements might apply). In addition, the following criteria are highly recommended:
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong technical skills, demonstrating proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions
- Creativity and Curiosity - Balance creative ideas with common business sense
- Professionalism / Collaboration - Ability to work independently, Collaboration with team members, peers and organization
- Critical Thinking / Analysis - Develop strategies to achieve goals and identifies gaps, Evaluate results (financials, metrics, etc.)
- Use tools, data, and resources to conduct analysis and develop recommendations
- Ability to work full-time for 6 months.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Back to top