Actuary/Director II, Data Science
Advance your actuarial career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Global Risk Solutions (GRS) is seeking an Actuary/ Dir II for the Predictive Analytics team. The Predictive Analytics team is responsible for the development and implementation of predictive models to support pricing and underwriting. This position requires strong communication skills and applied pricing/modeling experience.
About GRS Predictive Analytics:
- What do we do: Extract knowledge or insights from data and deliver it in a manner which supports the underwriting decision process
- How do we do it: Leverage data science and actuarial techniques plus business expertise to develop predictive models
- Why do we do it: Arm our underwriters with best in-class tools to gain competitive advantage
- Oversee the development of predictive models - Actively manage the various phases of a modeling engagement including scoping, data construction, modeling, and implementation. Establish timelines, deliverables, and measures for success
- Be the point person to our business partners - Translates quantitative analyses and findings into accessible storylines and visuals for non-technical audiences. Enable the business to make clear trade-offs among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes
- Apply technical expertise - Gain a working knowledge of product coverages, UW processes, and product pricing. Leverage knowledge to provide actuarial expertise in the various phases of model development. Ensure that the final product meets the needs of the business.
- Collaborate cross functionally - Lead working groups with diverse team members from underwriting, actuarial, data science, and IT. Engage with other functions, such as claims, as needed. Align on a common vision and deliver business value.
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and Bachelor's degree in business, economics or related quantitative field or Master's/ PhD in Statistics or related quantitative field
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, R)
- Applied pricing and or modeling experience
- Strong business acumen and communication skills, as well as ability to effectively present technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Ability to foster and encourage teamwork and productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across organizational lines
- Proven ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in fast-paced, dynamic environment
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top