Accounting Internship - Boston, MA (Summer 2019)
Accounting Internship - Summer 2019 - Boston, MA
When you enter an accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, a global Fortune 100 company, you'll find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you'll find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and dedication to developing industry-leading accounting talent directly out of college.
As an Accounting Intern, you will participate in a 10-12 week internship program specializing in helping you to develop a broad knowledge base in accounting and how it is used within the insurance industry. You will be assigned to a team within our corporate finance department where you will have the opportunity to participate in accounting related work such as reporting, analysis, data reconciliation, as well as various other accounting roles within our organization.Our goal is to provide you with a positive summer experience, filled with "real-world" projects that provide you with the opportunity to contribute through challenging work.
This internship will also allow you to explore Liberty Mutual as a possible full time employer. During your internship, you will receive all the tools you need to be successful - this includes on-the-job training, a mentor from the team, meaningful work and management support. You will also participate in educational and social programs that will accelerate your development, as well as an online community of interns that will provide a collegial environment to help with your transition from school to work. Opportunities are available in Boston, MA.
• Participate in robust on-the-job training opportunities to learn about the insurance industry, enhance your skills and fine-tune your business acumen and prepare you for leadership positions
• Work individually, or as part of a team, to assist with projects of increasing responsibility to build experience and skills at a pace matched to your demonstrated proficiency
• Utilize various accounting systems to assist with the preparation of standardized financial reports, general ledger entries, and data reconciliation
• Perform spreadsheet work to help analyze and distribute requested financial data to internal customers in a clear concise format
• Review current procedures and job documentation to help identify opportunities for improved efficiency
• Gain an understanding of high-level department goals and align proposed solutions with those goals
• Undergraduate working towards a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3.3 cumulative GPA
• Must have permanent work authorization in the United States
• 0-2 years of professional experience
• Accounting major with working knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills
• Attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
• Ability to commit to a full time 10-12 week internship program
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top