2019 Summer Law Clerk Program
Gain valuable Legal experience at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance's Legal Department is now hiring for its ten-week Summer Law Clerk Program for 2019. Our Home Office Legal Department is the equivalent of a mid-sized law firm, with specialists in employment, compliance, investments, litigation, and several insurance practice areas, including personal, life, commercial and insurance coverage. Our Summer Law Clerk Program provides motivated law students the opportunity to work closely with industry specialists on both day to day matters and diverse and challenging projects. As part of the Summer Law Clerk Program, clerks are assigned a mentor and are exposed to all aspects of the intersection of law and business at Liberty Mutual through a weekly speaker series. Our Law Clerks also have the opportunity to participate in our award winning pro bono program. Positions are full-time (37.5 hours per week) and paid. We are looking for capable applicants between their second and third years of law school with excellent academic credentials and strong writing skills. All of the Summer Clerk positions are based within Liberty's Home Office in Boston, MA.
- Performs legal research utilizing both written and electronic sources.
- Assists attorneys in brief and opinion writing. Prepares draft memos.
- Gathers and compiles facts and relevant case information. Drafts pleadings and motions.
- Assists attorneys in preparing for depositions and trials.
- Currently enrolled in a JD Program.
- Completion of second year of law school with a competitive GPA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Please Note: Writing Sample and Law School Transcripts are required as part of the application process
Liberty Mutual is the 5th largest global insurer based on 2017 gross written premium, with over 50,000 employees in 30 countries and economies around the world. Our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. The promise we make to our customers throughout the world is to provide protection for the unexpected, delivered with care. We achieve this by offering a full range of personal, commercial, and specialty Property & Casualty insurance coverages. Our customers' trust has earned us the 68th spot on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S., based on 2017 revenue. You can learn more about us by visiting Libertymutualgroup.com.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top