Technical Support Representative 2
Are you looking for a company where you can advance quickly in your career? Are you ready to make a difference and assist the Planar service team as we help shape the way people think about and use visual display technology now and into the future? Be a part of our dynamic and growing company, where you can have fun collaborating with your team members, and use your passion for technology to help solve customer problems. Our service team offers a great entry point for in-depth learning about our amazing products, and a pathway for progression to Technical Support Representative 3, Customer Service Engineer, Field Installation Technician, and potentially, other company positions. Join our team and see your career aspirations take off at Planar!
We are seeking a Technical Support Representative 2 who is responsible for providing outstanding customer support by receiving and responding to incoming calls, Bomgar chats and email from end-users, distributors and resellers. The Technical Support Representative 2 utilizes call scripts, troubleshooting trees techniques, other problem solving techniques and escalation points to troubleshoot customer issues and provide effective & timely solutions.
What You'll Do:
- EIT Desktop Monitor support
- HEH Home Theater support
- VW-DS Video Wall support
- Take direction from Technical Support Manager
- Respond effectively and timely to customer service requests received via telephone, email, Bomgar chats and voicemail
- Provide after-hours support during the business week (4pm-6am), weekends and holidays via a rotating weekly schedule
- Track and reproduce customer service requests using Salesforce, CSS (Planar RMA Tool), and PDM
- Escalate unsolved service requests to the appropriate level: advanced Technical Support, Customer Support Engineers (CSEs), logistics or management
- Provide effective resolution on all service requests and close the loop with customers
- Track escalation resolutions
- Identify and escalate customer issues and failure trends to appropriate individuals
- Provide input to ensure customer service documented processes are updated as new products are introduced and gone end of life.
- Assist CSEs with recreating customer product issues.
- Maintain acceptable standards of office conduct
- Ability to come to work demonstrating timely and regular attendance.
- Ability to handle stress effectively
- Must be able and willing to travel occasionally (5-10%) to assist with technical challenges, provide installation support when needed and participate in training activities
- May provide back-up technical support for other groups in the company.
Who You'll Work With:
- External Customers
- Customer Service Manager
- Customer Service Team
What You'll Need:
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone, customer service, time management, and decision-making skills essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate appropriate information to customers and team members in a professional manner.
- Knowledge & Understanding of Windows operating system
- PC knowledge; assembling and troubleshooting
- Solid A/V knowledge & understanding of different types of sources, control systems, schematics
- iOS desirable
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Excellent typing skills - must be able to conduct a conversation while typing
- Mental ability to conduct on-going interpersonal interactions, analyze and solve problems essential
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes
- Physical ability to use computer hardware/software required
What You'll Need to Bring:
- 2-3 years Computer hardware experience –assembling & troubleshooting, operating systems and peripherals
- 1-2 years relevant customer service experience
- Extensive experience with A/V systems
- 1 year minimum Planar products or other relevant visual display product knowledge
- HS diploma or GED required
- Some higher educational/technical vocational training or equivalent work experience strongly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel 5-10%
- Technical Support hours 6am PT – 4pm PT
Meet Some of Leyard and Planar's Employees
Marketing Communications Specialist
Ashley focuses on the marketing of product launches, which involves coordinating with Leyard and Planar's Sales Team to make sure they're informed and prepared in their roles.
Back to top