Sales Account Manager - Western Canda
Leyard Optoelectronic and Planar Systems, Inc. combine almost thirty years of experience in display technology with end-market expertise to form a unique high-tech company. Our technological versatility coupled with highly collaborative customer relationships produce unequalled innovations and value.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a growing and successful company where your passion and ability to achieve aggressive goals will be recognized and rewarded, then our company is for you. We are currently seeking a Sales Account Manager for our professional AV products in markets in the Western Canada sales territory.
The Sales Account Manager is responsible for ensuring that relevant customers, partners, and influencers in the territory (dealers, integrators, resellers, architects, and designers) choose Leyard or Planar products for their specialty display needs. The Sales Account Manager role requires an ability to sell directly, manage selling partners (e.g. Manufacturer's Representatives), and influence industry thought-leaders. The Sales Account Manager will think and act strategically and tactically in achieving business results for the territory. The Sales Account Manager will contribute to the channel strategy, implement that strategy by signing appropriate channel partners, and then manage those partners to achieve aggressive sales goals. The successful candidate must work well with internal colleagues in Marketing, Engineering, Customer Support, and other functions, in support of a collaborative, customer-focused organization.
- Refine and execute sales strategy to meet business goals in the territory
- Identify, recruit, attain, and manage the best channel partners and industry thought-leaders in the territory
- Solicit and participate in joint sales calls, promote marketing programs, participate/conduct trainings and product demonstrations, participate in tradeshows and model the speed, agility, aggressiveness, teamwork, and responsiveness required to win in our marketplace
- Establish performance measures and evaluate effectiveness and competitiveness of channel partners, Manufacturers' Reps, and programs
- Contribute to pricing decisions by providing market intelligence, competitive information, and other market, customer, and partner feedback
- Actively contribute to the development of channel marketing programs - work with outbound marketing to develop and implement channel marketing programs and sales tools that grow revenue within the channel
- Actively contribute to the ongoing analysis, refinement and execution of business strategies
- Develop and maintain forecast reporting and provider regular and accurate updates to management
- Communicate market and product information to business leadership team
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required
- Minimum of five years of technology sales experience, which includes at least 3 years of CEDIA or proAV channel management experience required. Prior sales experience with LED, LCD displays strongly preferred
- Prior experience with a two tier distribution model preferred
- Prior experience managing Manufacturer's Reps strongly preferred
- Track record of demonstrated success selling and forecasting sales in the territory required
- Demonstrated effective communication skills; oral, written and presentation, required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Preference for prior experience using Salesforce.com
- Preference for experience with contemporary productivity and communication tools (e.g. Skype, Social Media, telepresence, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in fast paced dynamic environment required
- Experience in selling to the US federal government and associated security clearances that may be needed preferred
- Travel required 60-80% of the time
- Requires ability to lift/move/set-up products weighing up to 40 pounds
Leyard and Planar are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Back to top