Sales Account Manager - Chicago, IL
The latest Chrome update isn't functioning properly with our system. Please use a different browser to apply. Thank you for your patience while we work on fixing the issue.
The Account Manager is responsible for ensuring that relevant customers, partners, and influencers in the territory (end-users, channel partners, resellers, and consultants) choose Leyard/Planar for their specialty display needs. The Account Manager role requires an ability to sell directly, manage channel partners, and influence industry thought-leaders. The Account Manager will think and act strategically and tactically in achieving business results for the territory. The Account Manager will contribute to the channel strategy, implement that strategy by signing appropriate channel partners, and then manage those partners to achieve aggressive sales goals. The successful candidate must work well with internal colleagues in Marketing, Engineering, Technical Support, Sales Operations and other functions, in support of a collaborative, customer-focused organization.
- Refine and execute sales strategy to meet business goals in the territory.
- Identify, recruit, attain, and manage the best resellers and industry thought-leaders in the territory.
- Solicit and participate in joint sales calls, promote marketing programs, participate/conduct trainings and product demonstrations, participate in tradeshows and model the speed, agility, aggressiveness, teamwork, and responsiveness required to win in our marketplace.
- Establish performance measures and evaluate effectiveness and competitiveness of channel partners, Manufacturers' Reps, and programs.
- Contribute to pricing decisions by providing market intelligence, competitive information, and other market, customer, and partner feedback.
- Actively contribute to the development of channel marketing programs - work with outbound marketing to develop and implement channel marketing programs and sales tools that grow revenue within the channel.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing analysis, refinement and execution of business strategies.
- Develop and maintain forecast reporting and provider regular and accurate updates to business line management.
- Communicate market and product information to business leadership team.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of technology sales experience, which includes at least 3 years of proAV experience required. Prior sales experience with LCD displays, as well as front and rear projection displays, preferred.
- Prior experience selling to government accounts preferred. Security clearances preferred.
- Track record of demonstrated success selling and forecasting sales in the territory required.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills; oral, written and presentation, required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Preference for prior experience using Salesforce.com.
- Preference for experience with contemporary productivity and communication tools (eg Skype, Social Media, telepresence, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in fast paced dynamic environment required.
- Travel required 60-80% of the time.
- Requires ability to lift/move/set-up products weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Prefer candidate to be based in the Los Angeles metro area.
Planar Systems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Meet Some of Leyard and Planar's Employees
Marketing Communications Specialist
Ashley focuses on the marketing of product launches, which involves coordinating with Leyard and Planar's Sales Team to make sure they're informed and prepared in their roles.
Back to top