Regional Sales Director - Beaverton, OR
Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company? Are you passionate about technology and want to see video, imagery, and data come to life on big electronic canvases? Are you ready to make a difference and assist us as we help shape the way people think about and use digital signage now and into the future?
We are seeking a Regional Sales Director who is responsible for ensuring that relevant customers, partners, and influencers in the territory (end-users, channel partners, resellers, and consultants) choose Leyard and Planar for their specialty display needs. The Regional Sales Director will think and act strategically and tactically in achieving business results for the territory. The Regional Sales Director will build and lead a team of field based Sales Account Managers to proactively identify and qualify new business opportunities (in terms of partners, channels, customers, influencers) and partner with Inside Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Operations to ensure Planar's revenue and customer service goals are consistently met or exceeded in support of a collaborative, customer-focused organization. The incumbent will have a proven record of motivating, training and coaching a team to deliver sales and profitability goals as well as establishing best-in-class sales processes, sales metrics and trending analysis to optimize sales cycle management and team effectiveness. The Regional Sales Director role requires an ability to sell directly, manage channel partners, and influence industry thought-leaders.
What you'll do:
- Refine and execute sales strategy to meet business goals in the territory.
- Identify, recruit, attain, and manage the best resellers and industry thought-leaders in the territory.
- Solicit and participate in joint sales calls, promote marketing programs, participate/conduct trainings and product demonstrations, participate in tradeshows and model the speed, agility, aggressiveness, teamwork, and responsiveness required to win in our marketplace.
- Establish performance measures and evaluate effectiveness of assigned sales account managers, regional technical sales roles such as Applications Engineers, channel partners, Manufacturers' Reps, and programs.
- Contribute to pricing decisions by providing market intelligence, competitive information, and other market, customer, and partner feedback.
- Actively contribute to the development of channel marketing programs - work with outbound marketing to develop and implement channel marketing programs and sales tools that grow revenue within the channel.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing analysis, refinement and execution of business strategies.
- Develop and maintain forecast reporting and provider regular and accurate updates to Business line management.
- Develop assigned account managers and applications engineers for sales related skills, business acumen and product knowledge.
- Communicate market and product information to business leadership team.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years of technology sales experience, which includes at least 3 years of proAV experience required. Prior sales experience with LED and LCD displays, as well as large flat panels preferred.
- Prior experience managing a sales team preferred.
- Track record of demonstrated success selling and forecasting sales in the territory required.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills are required.
- Prior experience selling to government accounts preferred. Security clearances preferred.
- Experience in the broadcast industry is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Preference for prior experience using Salesforce.com.
- Preference for experience with contemporary productivity and communication tools (eg Skype, Social Media, telepresence, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in fast paced dynamic environment required.
- Travel required 60-80% of the time.
- Requires ability to lift/move/set-up products weighing up to 40 pounds.
Meet Some of Leyard and Planar's Employees
Marketing Communications Specialist
Ashley focuses on the marketing of product launches, which involves coordinating with Leyard and Planar's Sales Team to make sure they're informed and prepared in their roles.
Back to top