Production Specialist, temp-to-hire
Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company? Are you passionate about technology and want to see video, imagery, and data come to life on big electronic canvases? Are you ready to make a difference and assist us as we help shape the way people think about and use digital signage now and into the future?
We are seeking a Production Specialist, temp-to-hire who is responsible for under moderate supervision the Production Specialist is responsible for assembly, testing, troubleshooting and packaging of the electro mechanical components used in the production of Planar's digital display products. Works on assignments utilizing the process documents for each product line. Expected to participate in minor trouble-shooting projects. Assists the team in meeting daily production goals.
What You'll Do:
- Works in conjunction with the Team Leader on daily work assignments to meet production goals.
- Accurately completes work orders, using ERP system, conducts regular cycle counts and assists with production inventory troubleshooting, so that inventory levels are accurate.
- Typically is certified at level 1 or 2 on most equipment in area.
- Follows process documentation in order to process product, minimize operator error, and handle product carefully.
- Uses written and verbal communication to relate equipment and process information to others.
- Adapts to changing conditions or directions to accommodate work priorities.
- Participates in process improvement meetings and suggests improvements to ensure consistent production, quality standards, reduced costs and increased efficiency.
- Performs equipment set up, if necessary, verifies process prior to builds.
- Performs final quality check.
- Meets quality and quantity demands in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 35 pounds multiple times throughout the day.
- May be a Peer Mentor.
- May participate on improvement Team.
- May assist with documentation process.
- May work in other departments
What You'll Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a manufacturing environment performing assembly, inspection, testing, and measuring procedures preferred.
- Knowledge setting up production equipment.
- Prior experience using a personal computer with a Windows operating system preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, to think and act innovatively.
- Demonstrated self-motivation.
- Ability to work in a clean-room environment
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Standing: 80%+ (8-10 hours/day)
- Bending: Up to 50%
- Grasping using hand & power tools, including wrist rotation: 90%
- Stretching/reaching: 50%
- Lifting: 20- 50 pounds
Meet Some of Leyard and Planar's Employees
Marketing Communications Specialist
Ashley focuses on the marketing of product launches, which involves coordinating with Leyard and Planar's Sales Team to make sure they're informed and prepared in their roles.
Back to top