Presales Engineer, NE Region - NYC Metro
Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company? Are you passionate about technology and want to see video, imagery, and data come to life on big electronic canvases? Are you ready to make a difference and assist us as we help shape the way people think about and use digital signage now and into the future?
We are seeking a Presales Engineer is responsible for joining with Planar's Sales team to assist customers with the development and implementation of industry leading display solutions. The Presales Engineer serves as the primary technical contact to customers for pre-sales technical support. The Presales Engineer will interact directly with our customers' sales, engineering, and others to lead technical discussions about Planar's display systems to arrive at an optimal solution. S/he will be responsible for training and occasionally assisting with the installation of Planar products and services at customer sites. Additionally, the Presales Engineer will be responsible for providing feedback and following up on technical issues with the Product Management team. The Presales Engineer will cover the NYC Metro Region.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct product training and presentations, and provide technical qualification of sales opportunities for Sales.
- Provide pre and post-sale integration and application development support to new and existing customer base.
- Partner with Customer Service as necessary to resolve post-sale technical issues.
- Partner with Sales to initiate technical discussions with current and prospective customers.
- Make presentations and perform product demonstrations for the customer's decision-makers and influencers. Assist the Sales team on sales calls as necessary.
- Advocate customer needs to the Product Management team.
- Create technical documents in support of sales process.
- Assist Sales with proposal creation and technical order review.
- Provide on-site support to Planar partners and customers to perform training and installation as required.
- Provide technical feedback on enhancements and changes to existing and development products.
- Advise management on issues arising from product development problems identified through communications with the customer.
- Prepare and coordinate hardware and software applications for use in both short- and long-term customer demonstrations.
- Support marketing activities including trade shows, technical articles, as required.
- Support engineering activities including, but not limited to, product roll-outs and technical publication review in support of business objectives.
- Assist Sales team to support Planar customers in the effort of customer support, product sustaining engineering and RMA process.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Preference for a focus in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum five years experience generating best-in-class results in product design, project management or sales engineering, with customer-facing responsibility, required.
- Prior experience in the display industry is strongly preferred, particularly within digital signage applications. Systems level experience with video interface and network design is acceptable.
- Prior experience supporting a display based manufacturer is desired.
- Knowledge of active matrix LCD display technologies and LED signage preferred.
- Proven ability to multitask and be effective in a dynamic & fast-paced environment is essential.
- Good working knowledge of PCs and electronic imaging or graphics, with particular emphasis placed upon knowledge of DVI, video controllers, operating systems, device drivers and global safety agency approval standards and processes required for system level products.
- Ability to interpret system schematics required.
- Conversant in system integration issues, connectivity technologies and architectures a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in the creation of specifications for technical and non-technical customers.
- Alignment with customer-intimate philosophy; highly developed team-oriented business partner skills.
- Good written, verbal and presentation communications skills in English required.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical people.
- Frequent travel to support project pursuits, project reviews, customer integration, installation and support is required.
- May require non-standard hours to meet project timelines and objectives.
- Prefer candidate to be based in the NYC metro area, in close proximity to a major airport.
Meet Some of Leyard and Planar's Employees
Marketing Communications Specialist
Ashley focuses on the marketing of product launches, which involves coordinating with Leyard and Planar's Sales Team to make sure they're informed and prepared in their roles.
Back to top