Pre-Sales Applications Engineer
Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company? Are you passionate about technology and want to see video, imagery, and data come to life on big electronic canvases? Are you ready to make a difference and assist us as we help shape the way people think about and use digital signage now and into the future?
We are seeking a Pre-Sales Applications Engineer who is responsible for joining with Leyard and Planar's Sales team to assist customers with the development and implementation of industry leading display solutions. The Pre-Sales Engineer serves as the primary technical contact to customers for pre-sales technical support. The Pre-Sales Engineer will interact directly with our customers' sales, engineering, and others to lead technical discussions about Leyard and Planar's display systems to arrive at an optimal solution. S/he will be responsible for training and occasionally assisting with the installation of products and services at customer sites. Additionally, the Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for providing feedback and following up on technical issues with the Product Management team.
The successful candidate will have both a technical knowledge applicable to the AV field as well as interpersonal skills to perform the sales and relationships functions of this role.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct product trainings and presentations, and provide technical qualification of sales opportunities for Sales.
- Provide pre and post-sale integration and application development support to new and existing customer base.
- Partner with Customer Service as necessary to resolve post-sale technical issues.
- Partner with Sales to initiate technical discussions with current and prospective customers.
- Make presentations and perform product demonstrations for the customer's decision-makers and influencers. Assist the Sales team on sales calls as necessary.
- Advocate customer needs to the Product Management team.
- Create technical documents in support of sales process.
- Assist Sales with proposal creation and technical order review.
- Provide on-site support to Leyard/Planar's partners and customers to perform training and installation as required.
- Provide technical feedback on enhancements and changes to existing and development products.
- Advise management on issues arising from product development problems identified through communications with the customer.
- Prepare and coordinate hardware and software applications for use in both short- and long-term customer demonstrations.
- Support marketing activities including trade shows, technical articles, as required.
- Support engineering activities including, but not limited to, product roll-outs and technical publication review in support of business objectives.
Who You'll Work With:
- Assist Sales team to support Leyard/Planar's customers in the effort of customer support, product sustaining engineering and RMA process.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Preference for a focus in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 2 years' experience generating best-in-class results in product design, project management or sales engineering, with customer-facing responsibility, required. Salary is in line with market rate for this level of experience.
- Prior experience in the display industry is strongly preferred, particularly within digital signage applications. Systems level experience with video interface and network design is acceptable.
- Prior experience supporting a display based manufacturer is desired.
- Knowledge of active matrix LCD and LED display technologies strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to multitask and be effective in a dynamic & fast-paced environment is essential.
- Good working knowledge of PCs and electronic imaging or graphics, with particular emphasis placed upon knowledge of DVI, video controllers, operating systems, device drivers and global safety agency approval standards and processes required for system level products.
- Ability to interpret system schematics required.
- Conversant in system integration issues, connectivity technologies and architectures a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in the creation of specifications for technical and non-technical customers.
- Alignment with customer-intimate philosophy; highly developed team-oriented business partner skills.
- Good written, verbal and presentation communications skills in English required.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical people.
- Frequent travel to support project pursuits, project reviews, customer integration, installation and support is required.
- May require non-standard hours to meet project timelines and objectives.
- Prefer candidate to be based in a major city, close proximity to a major airport.
- Must have valid current driver's license and appropriate vehicle insurance.
Leyard and Planar Systems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Back to top