Pre-Sales Applications Engineer
Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company? Are you passionate about technology and want to see video, imagery, and data come to life on big electronic canvases? Are you ready to make a difference and assist us as we help shape the way people think about and use digital signage now and into the future?
We are seeking a Pre-Sales Applications Engineer who is responsible for joining with Leyard and Planar's Sales team to assist customers with the development and implementation of industry leading display solutions. The Pre-Sales Engineer serves as the primary technical contact to customers for pre-sales technical support. The Pre-Sales Engineer will interact directly with our customers' sales, engineering, and others to lead technical discussions about Leyard and Planar's display systems to arrive at an optimal solution. S/he will be responsible for training and occasionally assisting with the installation of products and services at customer sites. Additionally, the Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for providing feedback and following up on technical issues with the Product Management team.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct product trainings and presentations, and provide technical qualification of sales opportunities for Sales.
- Provide pre and post-sale integration and application development support to new and existing customer base.
- Partner with Customer Service as necessary to resolve post-sale technical issues.
- Partner with Sales to initiate technical discussions with current and prospective customers.
- Make presentations and perform product demonstrations for the customer's decision-makers and influencers. Assist the Sales team on sales calls.
- Advocate customer needs to the Product Management team.
- Create technical documents in support of sales process.
- Assist Sales with proposal creation and technical order review.
- Provide on-site support to Leyard and Planar partners and customers to perform training and installation as required.
- Prepare and coordinate hardware and software applications for use in both short- and long-term customer demonstrations.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Ability to maintain acceptable standards of office conduct
- Ability to come to work demonstrating timely and regular attendance
- Ability to handle stress
- Have a valid driver's license and automobile insurance coverage
- Provide technical feedback on enhancements and changes to existing and development products.
- Advise management on issues arising from product development problems identified through communications with the customer.
- Support marketing activities including trade shows, technical articles, as required.
- Support engineering activities including, but not limited to, product roll-outs and technical publication review in support of business objectives.
- Assist Sales team to support Leyard and Planar customers in the effort of customer support, product sustaining engineering and RMA process.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Who You'll Work With:
- This role has both internal and external contacts. The internal contacts are within Sales, as well as Customer Service, Sales Operations, R&D, Product Marketing and Manufacturing Operations. Contacts outside the organization are also crucial, and both types of interactions involve information exchange, problem solving, and some discussion about confidential/sensitive matters. Has access to proprietary information.
What You'll Need:
- A/V product knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and selling ability
- Mental ability to conduct on-going interpersonal interactions, analyze and solve problems essential.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes.
- Physical ability to use computer hardware/software required.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle availably
- Some higher education or vocational training, preferably in a technical field
- 2 to 4 years in a technical sales role, preferably in a B2B technology company
Ability and willingness to:
- travel up to 80%
- work overtime or work on-call, nights, or weekends
- lift, pull, or carry up to 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- work with others in a team setting
Back to top