Come join the meta-team and recruit for a company that builds tools for recruiters. You’ll use your domain expertise to grow our Engineering, Product, and Design tells while also helping to evolve our product. This is the perfect chance to expand your skills in a role that blends recruiting with user research, marketing, and cross-functional partnership across the organization.
Your primary responsibility will be to spearhead our hiring efforts and to help us hit aggressive growth goals. We don’t view recruiting as a factory assembly line; it’s our company’s most strategic effort. Help us to build a world-class talent org with the support of every single person on our team, including leadership. Sourcing is a major part of our hiring strategy, so you should be confident in your abilities to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with top talent. You will also be managing strong partnerships with your hiring managers, and should be comfortable leading, providing feedback, and driving these relationships forward to help Lever achieve our hiring goals.
Since we’re a company that builds recruiting tools and analytics, we are seeking a recruiter who is deeply passionate about tools and bleeding-edge products. You should be able to quickly master new tools (including Lever) and self-identify as a power-user of numerous apps. Past tenure at a hyper-growth startup is ideal, along with expertise in technical recruiting. We’ll count on you to keep a pulse on the community of talent professionals out there, provide and contextualize product feedback, and stay on top of the entire HR tech landscape. Help us build a community around Lever’s user base of recruiting professionals – organize events, run meetups, attend conferences – and step up to be a visible, public member of our team. Proven interest in the intersection of recruiting and tech would be a huge plus – we’d love you to share any of your blog posts, Quora activity, presentations/talks, Meetup attendance, etc.
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Be fully integrated into the team and start developing relationships with hiring managers to understand roles and talent needs. Meet weekly with your hiring managers to understand wins, gaps, and identifying what’s next.
- Learn the unique art of impact descriptions, not job descriptions, that we use at Lever. We’re innovators in the hiring space, and we practice what we preach.
- Learn the product - you’re going to use Lever to hire for Lever! Partner with other team members on Recruiting to successfully move candidates from start to finish.
- Dive into sourcing to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with top talent. Utilize our tools--Lever and beyond--to engage candidates and successfully guide them through the offer stage.
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Perfect the Lever pitch - you can talk to anyone about our opportunities and get them pumped. You will work with your team to shadow and reverse shadow to ensure you’re good to go.
- Be the ultimate juggler in managing a talent pipeline and not letting a single ball drop, including roles within: Engineering, Product, and Design.
- Drive decisions/action within hiring committees and take on the challenge of closing top talent with your hiring manager partners and teams.
- Use data and your own instincts to identify inefficiencies and innovate / improve your process and pipeline.
- Close your first candidate whom you have brought full-cycle through the process.
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Be completely at home as a critical member of the engineering team as well as the company as a whole, with a deep understanding of the team’s talent needs and staying one step ahead of the growth.
- Drive the weekly Technical Recruiting Meeting and provide relevant updates, decisions, and improvements to the team.
- Participate in headcount planning with hiring managers and Director of Recruiting to align on roles, needs, and team growth.
Within 12 months, you'll...
- Help scale the technical recruiting organization by identifying and interviewing candidates.
- Help build and present v2 of interviewer training for our technical teams.
Lever builds software for teams to find, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, realtime apps. After going through Y-Combinator (Summer 2012) and raising a seed round in 2012, we have the support of many fantastic advisors and investors and are gearing up for an incredible, fast-paced year.
Lever is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
A look into life at Lever: https://inside.lever.co/
Back to top