Technical Product Manager - API
- Toronto, Canada
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as a top place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Lever is proud to be a part of Toronto’s growing tech community, and we are continuing to invest in growing our team in Canada. Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is at a key inflection point: we’ve built a successful, growth-stage company with a best-in-class product. Now, we’re building the next big thing to help the world hire with conviction. Our newest Technical Product Manager will drive our API and Partner Ecosystem strategy, and will lead key technical initiatives including the revamp of Lever’s reporting infrastructure. Reporting directly to our Head of Product, this role will have the opportunity to drive key decision-making and product strategy.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to leverage your technical expertise in a high impact role defining Lever’s APIs Partner Ecosystem strategy. You will collaborate with the Director of Partnerships and Alliances to identify new opportunities for revenue via integrations, and see them to completion. You will excel at cross-functional collaboration and work with leadership, engineering, sales, marketing, customer success, and strategic partnerships, to deliver value by enabling seamless integrations. You will flow between high-level strategic planning and day-to-day project execution and between business level prioritization and deep technical discussions with engineering. You will set and achieve ambitious goals on growth, adoption and engagement, helping the company both define and achieve its success.
You will partner with technical stakeholders across our US and Canada-based teams to align on project initiatives. You will participate in the hiring of the Toronto engineering team that will focus on APIs and integrations and initiate execution of the roadmap. You will work alongside a forward thinking product team, who you will collaborate with in establishing the relationship and impact between new product functionalities and our Data API.
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL:
- Complete onboarding. You’ll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You’ll also deliver on your first Lever project during this first week.
- Dive into learning about the products in our our talent acquisition suite - Lever Hire, Lever Nurture, and Lever Analytics - including the benefits they deliver and how we position them.
- Work with our Engineering team to get to know Lever’s APIs and technology stack and how it impacts our partner and customer integrations.
- Get up to speed our existing partnerships and the competitive landscape.
- Shadow customer interactions across user research, sales and customer success.
- Complete the SE training module to get deeper understanding of the product. Meet with Sales Engineering, Customer Success and Partner Management to understand how our API is positioned and used by clients.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS:
- Work with the rest of the product management team to understand current product initiatives and the dependencies on the API.
- Define high-level strategy and roadmap for Lever’s APIs, and present to Product and Engineering Leadership.
- Partner in the hiring of the Toronto engineering team that will focus on APIs and integrations and initiate execution of the roadmap and align with our product team in San Francisco.
- Define priorities for in-app partner integrations, balancing long-term product and partner strategy and shorter-term market needs. Work with Marketing, Product leadership and the Director of Partnerships and Alliances to define a partner ecosystem strategy.
- Build relationships and exchange knowledge and best practices with technical teams of key integration partners.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU’LL:
- Deliver new versions of Lever’s Data API with additional functionality and full documentation.
- Define formal versioning of the APIs and process for communicating API changes to partners and customers.
- Work with Product Operations and Product Marketing to communicate and roll out API changes.
- Report on the outcomes of the release of the API improvements. You will discuss how well goals and hypotheses were met, and what learnings to use in the next launch.
- Define, scope, and kick-off development of the highest-priority in-app partner integration.
- Collaborate with engineering to track velocity and accuracy of engineering estimates and put in place a feedback process for learning and improving team execution.
- Identify key success metrics for a partner ecosystem and take ownership for evangelizing the vision with all Lever stakeholders.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Establish metrics and KPIs, and track, and report progress on our API and partner ecosystem initiative for leadership and the entire company
- Contribute deep product knowledge and insight during product roadmap and strategy discussions.
- Play a key role in ensuring communication, collaboration and alignment between the product, design and engineering teams in US and Canada.
- Launch the next iteration of Lever's Data API to enable cross-functional teams to hit corporate goals.
- Work with the partnership and alliances team to pave the way for our partner ecosystem to become a significant portion of Lever’s strategy and overall revenues in 2020 and beyond.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Back to top