Strategic Customer Success Manager
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage: we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” by bringing our people-first culture to Toronto.
As Lever continues to grow, we need Customer Success Managers to champion our customers' needs and voices. We're lucky to receive a lot of feedback and recommendations from our customers, and we need to continue to have a conduit of that information to our internal teams here. You'll help lead the charge as our first team members as we continue to add customers to our roster globally!
We are looking for someone who is experienced in building lasting customer relationships and is passionate about making meaningful contributions to our customer’s success. Don’t be mistaken, this is a challenging career path but also highly rewarding. Are you up for the challenge? If so, stop reading and start applying.
Join a scaling, tight-knit team that’s working directly with innovative talent acquisition teams and thought leaders across various industries and geographies to make hiring a strategic advantage for their organizations. Our team members have a variety of backgrounds, but one thing unites them all--their love for our customers and how Lever is transforming the world of talent!
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years Strategic CSM of customer relationship or account management experience working in software as a service (SaaS
- Solutions and results/goals-oriented mindset
- Sales background; quota carrying with a track record of success in selling
- Experienced in:customer-facing roles; renewal & revenue generation (sales) execution; analyzing customer accounts; identifying churn signals; account growth opportunities; presenting and selling to across C-suite level decision makers; identifying commercial opportunities and providing value-based solutions building relationships and collaboration closely with team members across all of Lever’s departments and stakeholders; forecasting and pipeline managementHighly organized with strong project management and time management skills
- Hands-on experience with product training to external customers
- Proven experience delivering value-based communications
- Strong ability to facilitate meetings with customers and users of various levels of professional seniority
- Empathy for customers and curiosity to understand their needs and wants
- Opportunity identification for account expansion and revenue growth
- Passion and drive to work in a quickly growing startup where you will help shape a new function and the ways we add value with our customers
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Attend Ramp Camp, which is Lever’s week-long version of onboarding where you’ll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional group of new Leveroos.
- Master Lever’s various product training demo frameworks, customized for various customer stakeholders, demonstrated by hosting sessions independently.
- Complete sales certification with includes delivering a mock pitch and product demonstration.
- Learn Lever’s customer sales process including go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions.
- Develop proficiency in collecting ongoing customer product feedback to establish an effective feedback loop for customer needs and our product development strategy.
- Learn to communicate the product road map and new product releases/updates to customers.
- Learn about the software and sources of information CSMs use regularly to work with customers.
- Learn the escalation path to appropriately handle support issues and customer concerns.
- Learn to perform and document account health audits in preparation to communicate recommendations back to customers to ensure they're maximizing Lever's impact.
- Within 3 weeks of onboarding activities, take ownership of a customer portfolio of a variety of accounts across industries, product offerings and customer segments. Begin developing these relationships through email, phone and video calls, webinar trainings, and in-person visits.
- Within 4 weeks, schedule customer consultation sessions, check-ins, and Business Impact Reviews which include planning agendas, documenting interactions, tracking various projects, and showcase the value Lever with brings to their talent strategy. Frequency of customer meetings is dependent upon the specific customer service offering and needs.
- Within 6 weeks, successfully complete certification for the following areas: Product, Reports & Lever Talent Intelligence (LTI).
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- After the successful completion of both sales and product certifications, have the confidence to advise, influence, and help customers with the adoption of best practices recommendations that align Lever’s products and solutions with the achievement of their unique recruitment and hiring goals.
- Identify the current hiring practices and internal business goals of your customer accounts.
- Understand the contractual language of all your customers and where we need to “shore up” existing contracts to ensure ongoing success for Lever.
- Own your quota by consistently achieving your logo retention, net-retention, renewal, and expansion targets.
- Use all customer conversations, available tools, and data sources to research important details about existing customers (companies’ latest venture capital funding, hiring goals, stakeholders, adoption and success metrics/criteria, etc.).
- Build Account Plans for the top quarter of your customers within your account portfolio and align key internal Leveroos to ensure timely renewals and expansions.
- Perform the required consultative deliverables within the respective customer’s annual journey as part of their service offering.
- Teach customers best practices for using the Lever product suite through webinars and targeted training sessions.
- Educate customers on the value they are receiving from Lever’s products and why the solutions we provide are essential to their continued recruitment and hiring successes.
- Build credibility and trust with our customers by taking a disciplined approach to project management within your accounts and prioritization of your workload in order to deliver on your commitments and meet deadlines.
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales and Implementation functions to ensure a smooth transition from customer onboarding through the annual renewal cycle; serving as their consistent point of contact in order to deliver a seamless, high-quality customer experience.Be proactive in strategic planning; deliver value-based messaging to motivate customer actions and continuously plot the course for strong cases for customer renewals.
- Execute customer renewal cycles between 120-90 days prior to the accounts respective subscription end date.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Utilizing agreed-upon milestones and metrics, you’ll keep customers on course to execute on the success of their plans with Lever.
- Provide feedback for process improvements which improves our abilities to better serve both external and internal customers.
- Identify our champions within your assigned accounts; ensure customer achievements are highlighted to our internal partners such as marketing in order to communicate those successes externally
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by helping to interview candidates.
- Advocate internally for the customer’s needs and develop strong feedback loops within Lever, to continue our customer-centric focus with our products and services.
- Ensure Lever’s success based on the customers specific business case across a 12-month account lifecycle.
- Identify growth opportunities in customer accounts and execute on expansion and upsells.
- Help train new Customer Success Managers by participating in team on-boarding sessions.
- Consistently exceed your expansion revenue targets as well as keeping your renewal rates on-target.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Take a methodical approach to strategic planning in each of your owned accounts; plotting out a 12-month roadmap which continuously progresses the customer towards their specific platform goals, account growth, and overall success with Lever.
- Facilitate quarterly discovery conversation and perform account health checks to proactively identify opportunities to increase the value add of Lever offerings and advocate to expand the footprint of Lever within your owned customers’ business.
- Leverage the Customer Success Manager competency model and partner with your Manager to create a career development path to help you progress within the Customer Success team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Back to top