Strategic Customer Success Manager
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years of customer relationship management
- Passion and enthusiasm for customer success
- Strategic, proactive approach to understanding your customer’s business and providing consultative support to anything that may come up related to their talent acquisition efforts
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate closely with teammates across Lever
- Experience working directly with large Enterprise-level accounts
- Extensive track record of working directly with C-Suite stakeholders
- With contract negotiation and renewals experience, you’re able to handle routine renewals like a pro
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Attend Ramp Camp, which is Lever’s week-long version of onboarding where you’ll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional group of new Leveroos
- Master Lever’s various product training demo frameworks, customized for various customer stakeholders, demonstrated by hosting sessions independently
- On a regular basis Conduct customer check-ins including planning agendas, documenting interactions and tracking various projects. Also on a regular basis, prepare impact reviews and present to customers in order to achieve alignment with customers and showcase the value Lever with bring to their talent strategy. Frequency is dependent upon the specific customer need as well as their preferred service offerings.
- Perform and document account health audits in preparation to communicate recommendations back to customers to ensure they're maximizing Lever's impact
- Develop proficiency in collecting ongoing customer product feedback to establish an effective feedback loop for customer needs and our product development strategy
- Learn to communicate the product road map and new product releases/updates to customers
- Learn about the software and sources of information CSMs use regularly to work with customers
- Learn the escalation path to appropriately handle support issues and customer concerns
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Take ownership of a customer portfolio of some of our largest and complex Strategic accounts across industries, product offerings and Enterprise segment; begin developing these relationships through email, phone and video calls, webinar trainings, and in-person visits
- Identify the current hiring practices and internal business goals of your customer accounts
- Successfully complete certification for the following areas: Product, Reports & Lever Talent Intelligence (LTI)
- Shadow five Customer Account Executive (CAE) renewal calls to build an understanding of how to best partner on annual renewals, account expansion, and upsell engagement by the CAE team
- Teach customers best practices for using the Lever product suite through webinars and targeted training sessions
- Begin pulling user metrics and issue quarterly business reviews to existing customers in order to show customers their areas of excellence and their areas of development in fully leveraging their host of Lever products
- Educate customers on the value they are receiving from Lever’s products and why the solutions we provide are essential to their continued recruitment and hiring successes
- Take a disciplined approach to the prioritization of your workload and delivering on commitments, in order to build rapport and trust in your customer relationship Build credibility and trust with our customers by taking a disciplined approach to project management within your accounts and prioritization of your workload in order to deliver on your commitments and meet deadlines.
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales and Customer Success functions to ensure a smooth transition from customer onboarding through the annual renewal cycle; serving as the constant point of contact in order to deliver a seamless, high-quality customer experience
- Be proactive in strategic planning; deliver value-based messaging to motivate customer actions and continuously plot the course for strong cases for customer renewals
- Transition into owning the customer introduction to the Customer Account Executive 90 days prior to the account renewal date
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Utilizing agreed-upon milestones and metrics, you’ll keep customers on course to execute on the success of their plans with Lever.
- Provide feedback for process improvements which improves our abilities to better serve both external and internal customers
- Have the confidence to advise, influence, and help them on best practices and strategic recommendations to align Lever’s products and solutions to the achievement of these goals
- Identify our champions within your assigned accounts; ensure customer achievements are highlighted to our internal partners such as marketing in order to communicate those successes externally
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by helping to interview candidates
- Advocate internally for the customer’s needs and develop strong feedback loops within Lever, to continue our customer-centric focus with our products and services
- Confidently handle high-stakes, time sensitive issues with customers
- Ensure Lever’s success based on the customers specific business case across a 12-month account lifecycle
- Identify growth opportunities in customer accounts and collaborate with Customer Account Executives to ensure renewal and upsell attainment
- Help train new Customer Success Managers by participating in team on-boarding sessions
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Take a methodical approach to strategic planning in each of your owned accounts; plotting out a 12-month roadmap which continuously progresses the customer towards their specific platform goals and overall success with Lever
- Facilitate quarterly discovery conversation and perform account health checks to proactively identify opportunities to increase the value add of Lever offerings and advocate to expand the footprint of Lever within your owned customers’ business
- Leverage the Customer Success Manager competency leveling guide and partner with your manager to create a career development path to help you progress to mastery within the Strategic CSM role and/or the management track.
Meet Some of Lever's Employees
Rachael chases performance bottlenecks in Lever’s software and squashes bugs in its open source framework. She also works on internal tools to make Lever’s teams more efficient.
Back to top