Strategic Customer Success Manager
Lever was founded to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've reimagined the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and are looking for the right people to help us scale.
Customer Advocacy is the newest team at Lever, and every team member has a major impact on shaping how we drive this function forward. We see Customer Success as a key differentiator for our business. For starters, Customer Success is the intersection between Product and our customers--we’re the advocates that help shape product decisions based on customer feedback. We operate as strategic, consultative partners and take our industry know-how and best practices from each of our customers to up-level and support every Lever user.
We’re looking for an experienced Strategic Customer Success Manager to own the relationships with our largest logos. In this role, you will own your book of business and define how we partner with and support our most complex customers. As a senior member of the team, you’ll be critical in driving strategy for how we establish high-touch customer advocacy at Lever going forward. We’ll look to you to set a high bar, mentor your teammates and partner with the Customer Advocacy leadership to shape the way be work with our customers as we continue to evolve.
How is Customer Advocacy different at Lever? For one, we don’t carry a quota. We have structured our teams so our only goal is to create alignment and provide world-class support for our customers throughout their journey with Lever. Our success is based on our customer’s success; our mission is to make sure our customers get the most value out of Lever. No conflicting priorities to wrangle.
CSMs at Lever partner across the company to support our customers and become product and industry experts. You will never work in a silo, in your daily work you’ll interface with every team, and you will work particularly closely with our product-centric R&D team and other teams within Customer Success.
Our users love our product and you won’t have to do gymnastics to constantly find workarounds (and we’re always improving and building). As a CSM, we will rely on you to inform our product roadmap and bring our customer’s perspective and needs to the table.
Customer Success Managers are a mix of Lever-vets and a few newer “Leveroos;” everyone on the team are our customers’ relentless advocates and strategists. We build relationships that are all about our customers’ success. We do that through understanding their business, their goals, and by tailoring our strategy of engagement for each customer. We are their dedicated point of contact to keep lines of communication open to make sure our internal teams are in lock step with what our customers are out to achieve so we can serve as consultative experts. We’re a tight-knit and (if we may say so ourselves) dynamic team of customer-centric product experts, motorcycle aficionados, podcast producers, bad-TV-fans, and urban chicken-owners. Learn more about the team from Graham, our Director of Customer Advocacy.
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years of customer relationship management
- Passion and enthusiasm for customer success
- Strategic, proactive approach to understanding your customer’s business and providing consultative support to anything that may come up related to their talent acquisition efforts
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate closely with teammates across Lever
- Experience working directly with large Enterprise-level accounts
- Extensive track record of working directly with C-Suite stakeholders
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Attend Ramp Camp, which is Lever’s week-long version of onboarding where you’ll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional group of new Leveroos
- Master Lever’s various product training demo frameworks, customized for various customer stakeholders, demonstrated by hosting sessions independently
- On a regular basis Conduct customer check-ins including planning agendas, documenting interactions and tracking various projects. Also on a regular basis, prepare impact reviews and present to customers in order to achieve alignment with customers and showcase the value Lever with bring to their talent strategy. Frequency is dependent upon the specific customer need as well as their preferred service offerings.
- Perform and document account health audits in preparation to communicate recommendations back to customers to ensure they're maximizing Lever's impact
- Develop proficiency in collecting ongoing customer product feedback to establish an effective feedback loop for customer needs and our product development strategy
- Learn to communicate the product road map and new product releases/updates to customers
- Learn about the software and sources of information CSMs use regularly to work with customers
- Learn the escalation path to appropriately handle support issues and customer concerns
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Take ownership of a customer portfolio of some of our largest and complex Strategic accounts across industries, product offerings and Enterprise segment; begin developing these relationships through email, phone and video calls, webinar trainings, and in-person visits
- Identify the current hiring practices and internal business goals of your customer accounts
- Successfully complete certification for the following areas: Product, Reports & Lever Talent Intelligence (LTI)
- Shadow five Customer Account Executive (CAE) renewal calls to build an understanding of how to best partner on annual renewals, account expansion, and upsell engagement by the CAE team
- Teach customers best practices for using the Lever product suite through webinars and targeted training sessions
- Begin pulling user metrics and issue quarterly business reviews to existing customers in order to show customers their areas of excellence and their areas of development in fully leveraging their host of Lever products
- Educate customers on the value they are receiving from Lever’s products and why the solutions we provide are essential to their continued recruitment and hiring successes
- Take a disciplined approach to the prioritization of your workload and delivering on commitments, in order to build rapport and trust in your customer relationship Build credibility and trust with our customers by taking a disciplined approach to project management within your accounts and prioritization of your workload in order to deliver on your commitments and meet deadlines.
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales and Customer Success functions to ensure a smooth transition from customer onboarding through the annual renewal cycle; serving as the constant point of contact in order to deliver a seamless, high-quality customer experience
- Be proactive in strategic planning; deliver value-based messaging to motivate customer actions and continuously plot the course for strong cases for customer renewals
- Transition into owning the customer introduction to the Customer Account Executive 90 days prior to the account renewal date
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Utilizing agreed-upon milestones and metrics, you’ll keep customers on course to execute on the success of their plans with Lever.
- Provide feedback for process improvements which improves our abilities to better serve both external and internal customers
- Have the confidence to advise, influence, and help them on best practices and strategic recommendations to align Lever’s products and solutions to the achievement of these goals
- Identify our champions within your assigned accounts; ensure customer achievements are highlighted to our internal partners such as marketing in order to communicate those successes externally
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by helping to interview candidates
- Advocate internally for the customer’s needs and develop strong feedback loops within Lever, to continue our customer-centric focus with our products and services
- Confidently handle high-stakes, time sensitive issues with customers
- Ensure Lever’s success based on the customers specific business case across a 12-month account lifecycle
- Identify growth opportunities in customer accounts and collaborate with Customer Account Executives to ensure renewal and upsell attainment
- Help train new Customer Success Managers by participating in team on-boarding sessions
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Take a methodical approach to strategic planning in each of your owned accounts; plotting out a 12-month roadmap which continuously progresses the customer towards their specific platform goals and overall success with Lever
- Facilitate quarterly discovery conversation and perform account health checks to proactively identify opportunities to increase the value add of Lever offerings and advocate to expand the footprint of Lever within your owned customers’ business
- Leverage the Customer Success Manager competency leveling guide and partner with your manager to create a career development path to help you progress to mastery within the Strategic CSM role and/or the management track.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Take an inside look into life at Lever.
Back to top