As staff accountant, you’ll work with our CFO and senior accountant to build a strong, agile, and productive Finance team in the rapidly expanding and disruptive talent acquisition market. In just five years since its founding, Lever has already seen tremendous growth and velocity. Join our Finance team to keep Lever fiscally sound and moving forward as we continue to grow our business, employee base, and ever-increasing roster of innovative customers.
Lever is next-generation hiring software that teaches every company the importance of being strategic about recruiting and HR. We believe HR should be more transparent, engaging, and collaborative, and Lever powers all recruiting at over 1,300 companies, including many fellow YC companies, Netflix, Lyft, KPMG, Cirque Du Soleil, even Blue Bottle Coffee
Our culture is exceptional (and award-winning, literally!) because we take great care in everything we do, and empathy is at the core of our product and interactions with each other.
You’ll partner with our CFO and Senior Accountant to make Lever a financially steady, effective, and growing organization. You’ll bring your expertise (preferably 3-5 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting) in all things accounting: processing accounting transactions, overseeing AP and expenses, and managing accruals. You’ll also own month-end and year-end close process and provide insight to our CFO and other relevant team members to ensure Finance is a partner to all levels of the organization.
We’re looking for you to be as maniacal about Finance as we are about hiring (you’ll also be helping with the latter!). Our team is collaborative, hard-working, and invested in growing our team the best way we know how. Come join the team as we continue to accelerate through our next phases of growth.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Familiarize yourself with Lever’s business model; this knowledge will be demonstrated by the speed in which you will take over/transition new responsibilities from our senior accountant
- Process Accounts Payable via Bill.com and Quickbooks (reconciliations, processing invoices, approvals)
- Manage Lever’s bank accounts including proper coding, cash reconciliations, and investigating discrepancies
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Prepare all monthly reconciliations including but not limited to: cash, A/P, expenses, prepaids and fixed assets
- Using Abacus, act as final checkpoint to ensure that all expenses are accurately categorized and submitted on time
- Create and maintain schedule/ledgers for Fixed Assets and Prepaids
- Create and maintain contract documentation in Google Drive for all existing Lever contracts and renewals, in order to ensure no invoices are approved without a copy of the contract
- Create and manage monthly accruals to ensure completeness
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Work with our CFO to enforce Lever’s departmental budgets to ensure all expenses booked are appropriately approved and within budget
- Create and execute on a quarterly plan to review contract renewal schedules, in order to communicate timelines to department managers
- Liaise with the department heads to create and manage the software licensing process
- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Perform accounting systems evaluations (expense reporting, invoice management), identify gaps and make recommendations on systems upgrades including timelines and project plans
- Interview candidates to help build out our accounting team
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Lyft, Eventbrite, Foursquare, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.