Senior Technical Recruiter
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to take ownership of our R&D recruiting strategy and hit the ground running to help us hit aggressive growth goals. We have built an incredible team and company culture (we were just named the #1 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area!) and are looking for someone who wants to be part of growing the Lever team.
You’ll use your domain expertise to grow our Engineering, Product, and Design teams while helping to evolve Lever’s product. This is the chance to expand your skills in a role that blends recruiting with user research, process iteration, and cross-functional partnership across the organization, while helping build the teams that build Lever, one by one.
Recruiting at Lever is a true partnership between recruiters and hiring teams. Given our product, every person at Lever has a deep understanding of and investment in hiring. We’re looking for someone values managing strong partnerships with their hiring teams, constantly evolving and improving how we hire, creating fantastic candidate experiences, and invests in upleveling themselves and their teams. In this role you’ll be a thought leader and help shape the product that is at the forefront of innovating how organizations hire.
We are the meta-team recruiting for a company that builds tools for recruiters. We’re a cross-functional group of recruiters, candidate experience specialists, and marketers charged with growing an inclusive company with a strong and intentional culture. We don’t view recruiting as a factory assembly line; it’s our company’s most strategic effort and should be collaborative, and above all, human. Get to know the team here.
THE SKILL SET
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- A partnership approach to working with engaged hiring managers
- Comfort leading, providing feedback, and driving these relationships forward to help Lever achieve our hiring goals
- A creative approach to finding the best talent. Sourcing is a major part of our hiring strategy, so you should be confident in your abilities to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with a diverse group of top talent
- Ability to build rapport and understand our technical challenges
- Ability to train your peers and act as a thought leader in the technical recruiting space
- Tech fluency: you can articulate Lever’s technical challenges and tech stack You should be able to quickly master new tools (including Lever) and have your own preferred stack of recruiting tools
- Past tenure at a hyper-growth startup is ideal, along with expertise in technical recruiting.
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to jumpstart Leveroos and get them to full productivity as quickly as possible, while gaining a broader understanding about how their role fits into the org, Lever’s product, mission, etc.
- Develop relationships with hiring managers to understand roles and their talent needs. Conduct initial 1:1s with hiring managers and other strategic partnerships throughout the company to identify what a successful relationship looks like and how you will work together.
- Learn the product --you’re going to use Lever to hire for Lever! Shadow other team members to get up speed, and don’t be afraid to submit tickets or feedback about Lever’s Lever!
- Dive into sourcing to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with diverse top talent. Utilize our tools--Lever and beyond--to engage candidates and successfully guide them through the offer stage. You’ll be in the driver’s seat to make sure the Engineering, Product, and Design teams are considering and hiring candidates from a variety of backgrounds, education levels, and experience levels.
- Tackle your own candidate pipeline and take ownership of active candidates. You’ll partner with our Director of Recruiting to learn our interview processes, ideal candidate profiles, and how to manage your own workflow.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Be the ultimate juggler in managing a talent pipeline and not letting a single ball drop, including roles within: Engineering, Product, and Design.
- Drive decisions/action within hiring committees and close top talent with your hiring manager partners and teams. You’ll be responsible for creating a strategy and project managing its success.
- Meet weekly with your hiring managers to understand wins, gaps, and highest priority roles. Provide metrics and conversion rate updates to your hiring manager to partner on improvements and iterations.
- Learn the unique art of writing impact descriptions (what you’re currently reading!), not job descriptions, that we use at Lever. You’ll coach your hiring managers when they write their next one.
- Leverage our other tools, including Entelo, Teamable, and our referral program to add to your growing pipeline.
- Close your first candidate whom you have brought full-cycle through the recruiting process.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Be completely at home as a critical member of the engineering, product, and design teams as well as the company as a whole, with a deep understanding of the team’s talent needs.
- Use data and your own instincts to identify inefficiencies and innovate / improve your process and pipeline. Take your metrics from Lever’s Weekly Recruiting Dashboard, diagnose areas that need attention, and create and execute a plan.
- Participate in headcount planning with hiring managers and Director of Recruiting to align on roles, prioritization, and team growth.
- Deliver interviewer training for the Product, Engineering, and Design teams, based on what you’ve seen in candidate feedback. As a result, you will have a new pool of interviewers from which to pull and further develop.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Partner with the Talent Brand Manager to identify areas of focus for your roles. Identify a plan for marketing, with their help, to drive more applicants and further interest to complement your inbound pipeline and sourcing efforts.
- Onboard as an interviewer for the Recruiting/People team! Partner with the Director of Recruiting to identify areas of focus and then begin tackling your own interviews as our team grows.
- Participate in Recruiting team onboarding. Help new recruiters find their footing and provide them opportunities for shadowing and learning as they partner with you.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Take an inside look into life at Lever.
Back to top