Be a member on a fast-growing sales team at a venture-backed company. Lever solves the #1 challenge for every CEO: hiring. Recruiting is a hot market, growing 12-15% y/y on its own, and Applicant Tracking Systems like Lever are in high demand. At the same time, hiring has never been more competitive and costly, making talent solutions that improve a company’s hiring ROI incredibly valuable. We’ve already attracted an elite roster of customers including Quora, Lyft, Coursera, Netflix and GitHub.
We are looking for a seasoned sales manager who has experience in growing teams and developing top performers. Coaching and skill development is a key part of this role. You will be working with 8- 12 Account Executives at any given time to help extend our successful SMB and Corporate sales teams. You will partner with multiple departments within Lever including our Sales Development, Marketing and Product operations teams.
As a sales manager you'll work closely with our VP of Sales to set priorities and make key strategic decisions. You’ll shape and influence every part of our SMB and Corporate sales process to roll out a winning strategy that has material impact. If you’ve felt cornered or restricted on your current team, you may be ready for more: this is a wide-open role where you have lots of growth potential, lots of openings to prove what you’re capable of.
Within 1 month, you'll..
- Learn Lever the product inside and out and be comfortable demoing the entire product to any audience.
- Learn the recruiting space and all the players involved in ATS and the differentiators of Lever vs. all the rest.
- Schedule meetings with Lever customers and power users - including recruiters, hiring managers, and execs to understand why they chose Lever and how they see us differentiated in the market.
- Jump into a few sales cycles and even close a handful of deals
- Shadow demos with AEs.
- Establish and run weekly team meetings 1:1s with your reports to track and tune results, impact, coaching and improvement/ GTM leadership to report on and set sales goals.
- Work directly with other Sales Managers on new initiatives and ways to improve day to day operations; build the best Account Executive teams in the industry.
Within 3 months, you'll..
- Have built a training plan and implemented it
- Plan how your team will hit and exceed their goals.
- Participate in leadership planning to establish a top-level quarterly sales goal for your team
- Set and plan the individual goals for your reports to hit on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Exceed quota goals from your first quarter.
- Demonstrate accuracy with Salesforce reporting and forecasting; hold your team to high standards of data integrity.
- Advance our competitive intelligence and consultative sell; arm your team with the latest playbooks.
Within 6 months, you'll..
- Lead your team in successfully closing deals.
- Help the Recruiting team interview candidates.
- Cultivate a great culture within your team - exemplary brand, social ties, high energy - and pave the way for the entire sales org
- Partner with other Sales Managers and the VP of Sales to build out new verticals, territories, and partnerships that add value to our sales cycle.
- Regularly complete 2-5 prospect/customer onsites/week, especially in seeding larger deals for your team.
- Increase your team’s win rates from ~20% to ~40%
- Have a book of accounts ready and willing to be a customer reference.
Within 12 months, you'll..
- Consistently obtain and exceed quota goals.
- Have successfully executed on yearly quota - over 100% of plan.
- Cultivate a team of AEs that is consistently closing deals and ACV increasing 15% QoQ.
- Be a critical sounding board for marketing and other departments to gain insight into our customer requests.
- Successfully coach and mentor the top performing AEs to sell as well as work with Sarah or any other founder/executive.
Lever builds software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $33 million. This year, we're doubling the team in size, and we're looking forward to supporting more great companies like Netflix, Eventbrite, and Lyft.
Under the hood, we're a technology company with a powerful open-source web framework: DerbyJS. It is the first and only open-source MVC framework that syncs all data via an Operational Transformation backend, using the same algorithm that powers Google Docs. DerbyJS is also uniquely optimize to render everything on the server as well as the client.
Lever is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Back to top