- Los Angeles, CA
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join our growing team and expand our presence in the Mid-Market segment. In this role, you will partner with Account Executives to demonstrate the value of our solution to talent leaders and technologists around the world. You will advise prospective customers on industry trends and recruiting best practices, overcome common objections and compliance considerations, and recommend the configurations, integrations, and customizations needed to win new business.
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll get to use your technical know-how and passion for people to make a direct impact on Lever’s revenue growth. You’ll expand your technical skill set, develop industry expertise, and influence the development of new features. Most importantly, you’ll get to help some of the most innovative companies in the world hire the talent they need to grow and scale.
You’ll be joining a team of tech-savvy sales people on a mission to solve the hiring challenges of a changing world. We’re a highly specialized group with various backgrounds and areas of expertise, but we all have one thing in common. We’re problem solvers.
THE SKILL SET
- Consultative problem solver with 3+ years of SaaS Sales Engineering or Solutions Engineering experience and proven track record of success
- Technology expert that can make complex or technical concepts easy for anyone to understand
- Skilled presenter who can deliver informative and effective presentations
- Active and empathetic listener with a knack for asking great questions
- History of building strong relationships with customers and colleagues
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, Lever’s company-wide onboarding program, where you’ll meet other new Leveroos in your cohort, and learn our mission, history, and where we’re headed next
- Learn Lever’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions
- Participate in pre-sales product training program and pass an in-depth certification to become a Lever-certified product expert
- Become demo certified and begin working full-cycle deals
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Lead virtual product demonstrations and technical solution presentations that showcase the advantages of talent relationship management, leading to your first closed-won deal
- Participate in advanced training program on Lever’s API and data products; architect and build your first custom solution
- Get familiar with Lever’s infrastructure, security controls, and compliance measures to complete your first security questionnaire
- Become a strategic partner to Mid-Market sales, help the team hit or exceed their quarterly revenue goals, and achieve your individual OKRs
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Take full ownership of the solution sales cycle from client-facing discovery to implementation and integration scoping and everything in between
- Manage proofs-of-concepts for potential customers to experience how Lever accomplishes their recruiting goals
- Scope custom solutions to ensure Lever works with and augments the systems our customers already have in place
- Meet with IT and security professionals to handle technical questions and proactively mitigate any concerns that could stall a deal
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Tackle projects that contribute to the continued success of the Sales Engineering organization
- Serve as a mentor for new hires, sharing knowledge, best practices and real time feedback with your peers
- Prove that you’re ready for the next step in your career by working larger, more complex opportunities
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Back to top