Sales Development Representative
Get in on the ground floor of a top startup, while representing a product that you can personally get behind. We’re looking for a smart and competitive person looking to launch a sales career. SDRs will develop their sales skills to speak with executives from thousands of companies to learn about their internal recruiting process, in order to qualify leads for our Account Executives and contribute to a high-performing sales operation machine.
Lever solves the #1 challenge for every CEO: hiring. Recruiting is a hot market, growing 12-15% y/y on its own, and Applicant Tracking Systems like Lever are in high demand. At the same time, hiring has never been more competitive and costly, making talent solutions that improve a company’s hiring ROI incredibly valuable. We’ve already attracted an elite roster of customers including Quora, Lyft, Foursquare, Jawbone, ClearSlide, Reddit, and GitHub.
Lever is the only hiring software that is mobilizing the entire company to collaborate on hiring. We’re the only solution designed to engage managers, who are incredibly crucial stakeholders, more deeply in the process. By supporting a true partnership between recruiters and managers, we’re able to make hiring faster, higher-quality, and more embedded into a company’s core culture.
We’re building a world-class sales organization and assembling an ambitious, supportive team to begin scaling aggressively. Be a part of the founding team, and bring your intense work ethic along with the desire to make an immediate impact. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, not just a job for someone looking for a typical sales opportunity. You’ll see professional development in several dimensions, including a strong network to successful sales executives, and the ability to own your career path.
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Dive right in to our training and quickly start developing an understanding of our perfect customer and basic qualifying criteria for the product. Absorb tons of details about our product space for a speedy ramp up
- Start jumping on the phone and drive consultative, quality conversations with customers, where you’re able to methodically gather the answers the team needs to qualify a deal.
- Proactively engage Account Executives to stay up-to-the-minute on what customers are thinking.
- Learn the Lever sales process and be completely at-home in our Salesforce environment
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Own your numbers -- hit your ramp goals on phone call metrics, and lead conversions you generate.
- Become a tight-knit, well-oiled machine with Account Executives, where you will create assist records.
- Put on your investigative hat and use all available tools and data sources to research important details about leads (companies’ latest venture capital funding, hiring goals, stakeholders etc.)
- Take initiative to help marketing convert their efforts into leads for the sales team
- Become Lever experts to confidently speak to product features and the value of bringing collaborative hiring to any company looking to grow
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Effortlessly fold in cold outreach to your routine where you can jump into a phone conversation with anyone - even C-level executives - while consistently meeting your numbers
- Tap into the knowledge you’ve been building to discover totally new sources of leads that we can reach out to
- Represent Lever at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events
- Step up as a leader to the new team members
Within 12 months, you'll...
- Train and motivate your peers
- Prove to us that you’re ready for the next step in your career, to take on new opportunities in a closing role
Lever builds software for teams to find, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, realtime apps. After going through Y-Combinator (Summer 2012) and raising a seed round in 2012, Series A in 2014, we have the support of many fantastic advisors and investors and are gearing up for an incredible, fast-paced year.
Lever is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Back to top