Sales Development Representative
THE SKILL SET
- 1-2 years experience in a phone sales role as part of a SaaS or B2B company OR a driven and eager to learn new grad who thrives in fast paced, constantly-changing environments
- The ability to proactively engage new clients through email and phone
- A consultative and human sales approach -- every conversation is different, and there are no scripts at Lever
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value/benefit of the Lever platform
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current recruiting process
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks
- A desire to learn, grow, and get in on the ground floor of a top startup while launching your career
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
- Dive right in to our training and quickly start developing an understanding of our perfect customer and basic qualifying criteria for the product. Absorb tons of details about our product space for a speedy ramp up
- Start jumping on the phone and drive consultative, quality conversations with customers, where you’re able to methodically gather the answers the team needs to qualify a deal.
- Proactively engage Account Executives to stay up-to-the-minute on what customers are thinking.
- Learn the Lever sales process and be completely at-home in our Salesforce environment
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Own your numbers -- hit your ramp goals on phone call metrics, and lead conversions you generate.
- Become a tight-knit, well-oiled machine with Account Executives, where you will create assist records.
- Put on your investigative hat and use all available tools and data sources to research important details about leads (companies’ latest venture capital funding, hiring goals, stakeholders etc.)
- Take initiative to help marketing convert their efforts into leads for the sales team
- Become Lever experts to confidently speak to product features and the value of bringing collaborative hiring to any company looking to grow
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Effortlessly fold in cold outreach to your routine where you can jump into a phone conversation with anyone - even C-level executives - while consistently meeting your numbers
- Tap into the knowledge you’ve been building to discover totally new sources of leads that we can reach out to
- Represent Lever at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events
- Step up as a leader to the new team members
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Become a senior member of the team, helping onboard, train and mentor your peers
- Prove to us that you’re ready for the next step in your career to take on new opportunities in a closing role or explore roles on teams throughout Lever
Meet Some of Lever's Employees
Kelly D.Sales Manager, Corporate Sales
Kelly manages a growing team of account executives, helping each of them advance their careers while playing a central role driving Lever’s business growth.
Back to top