Sales Development Representative
We’re looking for the next class of highly motivated SDRs to help us continue to move up market and become the default in a competitive market. As an SDR, you are the first point of contact for all sales efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for Lever while creating a steady pipeline of business to arm the Sales team.
There’s no script, no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative sales experts, and we train and invest in our smart, goal-oriented team to grow their careers here at Lever.
Lever’s Sales Development team is a tight-knit team with diverse backgrounds--we’re seasoned salespeople, whip-smart new grads, and even a few former recruiters. We’re charged with kicking off conversations with qualified leads and working with companies of all kinds, from tech startups to world-famous traveling circuses and global non-profits, to make them successful and help them make hiring more strategic, collaborative, and human. Learn more about Sales at Lever from some members of the team, and hear about our thoughts on career development from Sales Development Director, Ashley Kelly.
THE SKILL SET
- 1-2 years experience in a phone sales role as part of a SaaS or B2B company OR a driven and eager to learn new grad who thrives in fast paced, constantly-changing environments
- Experience with mid-high volume cold calling
- The ability to proactively engage new clients
- A consultative and human sales approach -- every conversation is different, and there are no scripts at Lever
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value/benefit of the Lever platform
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current recruiting process
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyer interest and identify target customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks
- A desire to learn, grow, and get in on the ground floor of a top startup while launching your career
- At Lever, we strive to provide our team with top benefit options to meet you where you are in life. We offer wellness options to help you feel your best so you can do your best work, and great perks as an extra cherry on top.
- Health, dental, vision & disability insurance
- 401(k), yay!
- Delicious catered lunch every day & a fully stocked kitchen
- Transportation stipend for however you get to work. Bike, bus, train, ferry or Lyft; we have you covered.
- $100 monthly for your fitness memberships
- Take the time you need vacation policy
- Annual team trips, quarterly offsites, talent shows, picnics featuring bubble soccer, holiday shindigs and happy hours
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Dive right in to our training and quickly start developing an understanding of our perfect customer and basic qualifying criteria for the product. Absorb tons of details about our product space for a speedy ramp up
- Start jumping on the phone and drive consultative, quality conversations with customers, where you’re able to methodically gather the answers the team needs to qualify a deal.
- Proactively engage Account Executives to stay up-to-the-minute on what customers are thinking.
- Learn the Lever sales process and be completely at-home in our Salesforce environment
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Own your numbers -- hit your ramp goals on phone call metrics, and lead conversions you generate.
- Become a tight-knit, well-oiled machine with Account Executives, where you will create assist records.
- Put on your investigative hat and use all available tools and data sources to research important details about leads (companies’ latest venture capital funding, hiring goals, stakeholders etc.)
- Take initiative to help marketing convert their efforts into leads for the sales team
- Become Lever experts to confidently speak to product features and the value of bringing collaborative hiring to any company looking to grow
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Effortlessly fold in cold outreach to your routine where you can jump into a phone conversation with anyone - even C-level executives - while consistently meeting your numbers
- Tap into the knowledge you’ve been building to discover totally new sources of leads that we can reach out to
- Represent Lever at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events
- Step up as a leader to the new team members
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Become a senior member of the team, helping onboard, train and mentor your peers
- Prove to us that you’re ready for the next step in your career to take on new opportunities in a closing role or explore roles on teams throughout Lever
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Take an inside look into life at Lever.
Back to top