Professional Services Implementation Consultant
- San Francisco, CA
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
As Lever continues to grow our enterprise customer base, Lever Professional Services is looking for a high performing consultant to service the unique needs of these customers. Our implementation projects are often complex and global; involve a large customer team and executive stakeholders; and require process mastery and functional expertise.
Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, this is an incredible opportunity to work with Lever’s largest and most strategic customers, interact with global talent leaders and help redefine talent best practices at respected and well known brands. Internally, this is also an opportunity to contribute to the maturity of the Lever Professional Services team and development of Lever’s core product through customer feedback.
You will be part of the Customer Experience Solutions (CXS) department at Lever which consists of Customer Success, Service & Support, Growth Implementation and Professional Services. We act as advocates for our customers by understanding their business challenges and collaborating with empathy to derive the most value out of our product while delivering a high quality customer experience. The Professional Services team provides an instrumental layer of success for enterprise customers through custom solutions, technical expertise, enterprise solution delivery and talent advisory.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years experience leading SaaS / software implementation project delivery for large complex enterprise customers
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and project management
- Growth mindset with a bias towards action
- Empathetic to customer and end-user needs, with the ability to translate those needs into solutions that deliver value
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills with attention to detail
- Prior experience in Talent/HR/People related function strongly preferred
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL
- Learn about Lever’s Professional Services, implementation and service & support offerings; the Lever sales lifecycle, packaging and pricing, value drivers, contracts, and statements of work; Lever implementation methodology, launch process, and the Lever product roadmap.
- Kick off your Lever Starter Project! A project assigned to you to immediately start digging in and creating value for the team.
- Shadow five (5) Implementation calls and training sessions across enterprise customers to build an understanding of implementation approach, methodology, key milestones, systems, processes, and the differing customer needs by company size.
- Shadow three (3) each Customer Success Manager, Talent Analytics Consultant and Solutions Architect calls and across our Enterprise segment to build understanding of our closest cross-functional teams .
- Shadow an existing PS implementation to begin familiarizing yourself with existing PS delivery assets and the PS implementation processes.
- Meet with SA to understand current competencies and solutions, backlog, and solution delivery process.
- Begin the journey towards Lever Product Certification through immersive hands-on and teachback sessions with product certified Implementation Specialists.
- Meet with relevant teams both within the Customer Experience and Solutions (CXS) organization and more broadly across the company. You’ll be working cross-functionally and building relationships early will set you up for success!
- Factor these learnings and observations into your 30-60-90-day plan which you will present to your hiring manager. This will set you up for success to continue to get to know your org, the business, and build bridges across the company.
WITHIN 3 MONTH'S YOU'LL
- Complete Product Certification for Lever’s Talent Relationship Management suite
- Take on your first customer in a Project Manager capacity to begin learning about Lever’s PS implementation process and observe the effectiveness of our existing content and collateral.
- Dive into understanding customer needs from a project management perspective during implementation and begin to iterate on our best practices and assets with respect to services delivery
- Become an expert in PS processes, tools, frameworks and templates that are used throughout the PS lifecycle. Identify new and/or iterate on existing processes and templates as needed, thinking about efficiency and scalability. Identify gaps and areas that may need more substantial changes.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS'S YOU'LL
- Take on your first customer in a Implementation Consultant capacity. Lead and own the customer account, delivering end-to-end implementation from discovery, design, configuration, UAT, training through launch and post-launch services. Serve as the Lever product SME across all work with the customer, maintaining relationships and keeping stakeholders engaged.
- Maintain high performance of your specific customer accounts; tracking to quarterly goals and metrics
- Collaborate with other members of the Lever Professional Services team to continuously uplevel each other’s skills, experience and expertise
WITHIN 12 MONTH'S YOU'LL
- Become a Lever product SME, change specialist, and customer advocate as you guide customers from discovery through launch of Lever
- Build advanced knowledge of recruiting functions, best practices, and recruiting playbooks. Begin to participate in providing points of view on talent strategy. Contribute to Lever white papers and blogs.
- Work with Implementation Specialist team leads to cascade relevant PS processes, tools, frameworks and templates to mid-market and SMB segments
- Support initiatives that help improve PS operations (ie. increasing team efficiency, new hire on-boarding, reporting, etc.)
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Back to top