Director of Product Marketing
Get in on the ground floor at a top startup, while solving the #1 challenge for every CEO - hiring the best talent. We’re looking for a super-motivated, highly experienced individual to lead product marketing at Lever. We have a product that customers are already raving about; you will be responsible for our messaging and positioning, pricing and packaging, and overall go-to-market strategy. If you happen to have experience as a product marketer in the talent acquisition industry, that’s a significant plus.
Recruiting is a hot market, growing 12-15% y/y on its own, and applicant tracking systems like Lever are in high demand. At the same time, hiring has never been more competitive and costly, making talent solutions that improve a company’s hiring ROI incredibly valuable. Lever is the only hiring software that is mobilizing the entire company to collaborate on hiring. We’re the only solution designed to engage managers, who are incredibly crucial stakeholders, more deeply in the process. By supporting a true partnership between recruiters and managers, we’re able to make hiring faster, higher-quality, and more embedded into a company’s core culture.
We’ve already attracted an elite roster of over 500 customers including Quora, Lyft, Foursquare, Jawbone, ClearSlide, and GitHub, based largely on word-of-mouth. Now we need to establish a product marketing function to raise our go-to-market game... which is where you come in.
As product marketing lead, you'll own the ongoing development of messaging, positioning and pricing recommendations for our products; the articulation of Lever’s features and benefits; development and prioritization of personas; refinement of segmentation; collateral development, competitive tracking and intelligence; quantitative research to inform product and product marketing decisions; our customer advisory group; and even some analyst relationships.
As we continue to scale the team, you'll play a lead role in helping the entire organization understand and listen to our customers. You'll also help us improve our overall launch processes and pricing strategy.
We’re building a world-class marketing organization and assembling the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical (and broad) role in driving our success.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Get up to speed on the product, our customers, our target audience, their pain points, our messaging/positioning and our differentiators.
- Understand how customers use our product today and how our products make their jobs and lives easier.
- Review current collateral with the sales team and develop a prioritized list of gaps to fill in order to support our sales cycle.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Lead communication of all ongoing feature/benefit enhancements, as well as preparation for bigger product launches.
- Review our segmentation, thinking through how we prioritize segments as well as segment-specific messaging and positioning.
- Be sufficiently well versed in our core product to lead demos with analysts and influencers, keeping them briefed on our products as they evolve; take ownership of a subset of that audience.
- Be responsible for competitive tracking and analysis.
- Develop a recommendation for how we scale product marketing as we grow.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Lead the go-to-market initiative for a major product rollout, including pricing, messaging, positioning, target audience and more.
- Select and launch a customer advisory group as a means of ongoing feedback on product roadmap, competitive landscape the the talent acquisition industry in general.
- Develop personas to help Marketing and other teams hone our messaging and approach to prospects.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Hire at least one additional product marketer.
- Conduct full NPS survey to understand customer loyalty and root causes of delight/dissatisfaction by segment, making concrete recommendations based on the findings.
The Lever Story:
Lever builds software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $33 million. This year, we're doubling the team in size, and we're looking forward to supporting more great companies like Netflix, Eventbrite, and Lyft.
Lever is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Back to top