THE SKILL SET
- Breadth of experience in the product development process, from problem definition to detailed UI and visual design
- Several years of experience collaborating with designers, PMs, engineers, and cross-functionally partnering with teams across the company
- Proficiency in iterating at low-fidelity with sketches and wireframes of workflows and in translating those into high-fidelity using tools like Sketch or Figma
- Ability to create prototypes at various fidelities and levels of interactivity
- Past experience designing digital products and systems and have helped shipped products, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
- Clear communicator of design work and of rationale behind it that is backed up with user research or data
- Self starter who can work through ambiguity
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Attend and graduate from our company-wide onboarding Ramp Camp where you will learn about Lever’s values, business, and product
- Get to know the processes, tools, and systems the design team uses
- Have one-on-ones with members of design, engineering, and product teams to learn how design fits into the product-development process
- Participate in weekly design reviews and give feedback on other team members’ in-progress work
- Deeply understand our users and their needs through participating in user research. You’ll go on-site and talk directly with recruiters, coordinators, and hiring managers to learn about the challenges they face
- Learn about the customer journey by observing sales and customer success interactions. You’ll become familiar with the personas in the buying process and that use the product, and what their backgrounds and needs are
- Know every corner of our app. You’ll get a sense of our strengths and identify opportunities for improvement
- Design, launch, and measure the impact of an improvement to an existing feature. You’ll understand the current state of the functionality and the unmet need; explore ways to iterate and build on what is there; and converge on the best solution given what you’ve learned
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Research, design, and launch a product feature from start to end as the primary design owner. You will lead and execute the design phase and partner with product and engineering to ensure that the right MVP is built and launched.
- Collaborate with marketing to translate design insights into compelling product marketing in the form of naming, sales training, feature announcements, blog posts, etc.
- With product, report on the outcomes of one of your product launches to the product team. You will discuss how well goals and hypotheses were met, and what learnings to use in the next iteration.
- Mentor and coach team members to help develop design, professional, and interpersonal skills
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Own and drive the definition and design of a major R&D product initiative. Translate company vision and product strategy into high-confidence and innovative new product development
- Be able to advocate/defend the design view of what is right to others in the organization—even if it comes to conflict/disagreement with CEO—with professionalism, maturity, and a balanced, holistic view of any competing viewpoints
- Proactively identify and unblock knowledge sharing and communication challenges to unlock a scalable design organization
- Educate, mentor and train team members across the entire company on design methodology and philosophy
- Participate in the growth of the design team as a sourcer, recruiter, interviewer, and hiring manager. Help to refine how we find and evaluate the best talent to join our team
- Attend an external industry event where you will evangelize Lever’s product, mission, and design culture
Meet Some of Lever's Employees
Rachael chases performance bottlenecks in Lever’s software and squashes bugs in its open source framework. She also works on internal tools to make Lever’s teams more efficient.
Back to top